PDA

View Full Version : Middle East needs 8,000 pilots in next 20 years

Leezyjet
4th Nov 2007, 21:21
Seems that the Middle East are going to be needing a fair few pilots in the next few years :-

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Employment/10165030.html

:\

speedrestriction
4th Nov 2007, 21:52
The weak dollar seems to be removing some of the gloss at the moment.

Captain N
4th Nov 2007, 23:00
Still not willing to give low houred guys a chance.........
on the other hand they send school leaver nationals to do the training for free and fly the big jets:ugh:

Polorutz
5th Nov 2007, 09:34
Cheer up, this business is all related, a lot of loco captains might want to try that route which makes loco airlines promote more senior FO's which now need the right seat be filled and bam, you are called for an interview, it can't be bad for anyone that airlines need pilots.

TheRed(lfc)Baron
5th Nov 2007, 17:04
Captain N,

Is'nt that exactly what happens here in sponsorship programs? BA etc!!

trust me I've met enough 200 hour guy's flying big jets here in the uk!!

Red

dartagnan
5th Nov 2007, 21:20
8000 pilots in 20 years...woow!!!!.

it is only 400 pilots a year.(a pee in the ocean)

did I read correctly?

Captain N
6th Nov 2007, 00:20
TheRed(lfc)Baron
I didnt mean young guys shouldnt be given the chance to fly jets, dont get me wrong, I had class mates from one of the middle east airlines, very happy for them too.
What I meant was only Nationals there are allowed to apply with little or no experience, if your from Europe you need 2000hr, on the other hand, Emirates,Qatar, Gulf air and Etihad seem to be all very short on pilots.
Maybe they should start taking a mix of low houred guys and experienced ex pats.
Just my opinion!

cool_pilot
6th Nov 2007, 00:30
I believe that every pilot should be given an equal chance of gettin a job lined up for him, and for the fact that some airlines tend to recruit nationals these dayz with little or no-experience is acceptable provided that they get the required training to meet the standards that they are lookin for, compared to expacts with loads of experience.

I think perhaps the fact that airlines do it, is due to the fact that they have low number of nationals compared to expacts, and as it`s always the case may be, they feel that they should give the job to anyone that would take it.

Regards,
Cool_pilot :cool:

YarreYarran
10th Aug 2009, 02:05
Whats the date 2day...10 August 2009...aoo it means i am replying to these posts after 2 years...so let me tell you...jobs havedried off in middle east as well ...

powerstall
10th Aug 2009, 02:49
Middle East needs 8,000 pilots in next 20 years

WAM
Published: November 04, 2007, 15:22

Hmmm..... :=

mutt
10th Aug 2009, 04:09
Middle East needs 8,000 pilots in next 20 years

Our highly paid consultants told us the same thing!!! But they didnt adjust it to account for the recession! Over the next 5 years we will hire cadet 500 pilots, some will have 270 hours, most will have 0.... They will be sponsored at the airlines expense and sent to a local flight school for 14 months. Foreigners need not apply!

Oddly enough if this type of policy was adopted in my home country, I probably wouldnt be here! But you also have to remember that there isnt any General Aviaition in the ME, therefore guys dont have options to instruct, skydive, banner tow, photography, joy rides etc, so the airlines are limited in how they can obtain locals for jobs...............

Mutt