PDA

View Full Version : FAA SODA Waiver and employment..

Scoobster
4th Nov 2007, 20:24
Hi

I am interested to know if anyone has successfully obtained employment with an FAA SODA Waiver? or taken a Medical Flight Test?

Is it still possible to be employed even with a SODA or does having a SODA limit your opportunities?

If you have a SODA is this clearly written on your CPL license?

How does this affect employment with regionals/majors, does anyone actually care?

Capt Chambo
5th Nov 2007, 03:25
Have a SODA and am employed by a major.

Scoobster
5th Nov 2007, 09:52
colourblind?

Nope, I am not colour blind and in fact am perfectly colour safe. I have a peripheral visual field loss in the lower portion of my right eye.

I have an FAA Class 1 Medical with the requriement of taking a Medical Flight Test - Have you taken one of these?

I was just wondering if it is genuinely possibly to get employment with a SODA in Airlines or Corporates, or if they tend to think that you are second class and not capable of safely flying.

Thanks

Scoobster
6th Nov 2007, 20:32
Just wondered if there were any more ppruners out that that have secured employment with a SODA?

SIBUK
7th Nov 2007, 13:19
I have recently taken my first medical in anticipation of beginning my training for CPL(H). I was deferred to the FAA pending their decission. I am expecting to be given a SODA. This same question that you ask has also been haunting me so if anyone can answer this I would very greatly appreciate it.

The main thing that concerns me is that I vaguely remember reading somewhere a few months ago that you arnt allowed to fly solo with a SODA. Is this true? And if so does that mean that I wont be able to do my training because it wont be possible for me to get my solo hours?

Scoobster
7th Nov 2007, 20:42
AFAIK the Medical Flight Test is taken prior to going solo and if you pass the check ride then you are fine to fly solo with a SODA, but there are probably more informed ppruners out there...

I am awaiting a response regarding SODA and MFT so I will get back to you on this.