PDA

View Full Version : Some Advise

Excelsbest
4th Nov 2007, 17:43
Just wondered if any 1 involved in HR could give me some advice. I have recently applied for Promotion at my current airline and have been turned down on 2 occasions for the position. However the position has now come up again. But i am being told that i now cannot even apply as i am still in my probationary period!! I basically left and came back (in a nutshell). Can they discriminate with this even though other promotions have been given in probationary periods? They have not stated on there Job Specification or advertisement that you cannot apply in your Probationary Period. Also my Probationary period ended on 26th October and my application didn't go in until 31st October. Although i haven't yet had my Appraisal due to staff shorages and no time!! Is it right that i should be penalised in this way and what is the best course of action i should take??

shortm
13th Nov 2007, 23:01
Similar thing happened to me many years ago, except I wasn't applying for promotion I was applying to go back into the position I had held before leaving (a mere 12 weeks before). I just bit my tongue and accepted what they said.

However, the same position came up at another at the same time and I rang the base stewardess to be met with the comment "of course you can apply, you're already an IFS aren't you ?". I got the promotion ....