PDA

View Full Version : Info needed on BMED

airbabe
5th Jul 2001, 00:21
Anyone out there work at BMED at LHR??????

A friend of mine is applying for a job, thought i would see if anyone has any info on here, as she doesn't have her own computer.

Pay, Routes etc.......

euroboy
5th Jul 2001, 12:05
BMed operate as a BA Franchise to Beruit, Amman,Aleppo, Damascus, Yerevan, Tbilisi, Baku, Tehran, Alexandria, Bishkek.
They use Airbus 320 and are getting some 321 aicraft.
I have heard they are a good company to work for and happy. Money is quite good as well.
Crew aways nightstop.
I dont work for them but this is what Ive heard.

------------------
Warning:This cape does not enable the wearer to fly.
_ _____________________ _
Warning label on a Superman costume.

Clear IT IN!
6th Jul 2001, 23:05
Has your pal flown before? BMED has a very tight flying programme, there isnt much room for mis-haps so when things go wrong ...they really go wrong <delays etc etc> . They have a fleet of 4 A320 aircraft and the turn around times at base <LHR> are extremely short, which means the pressure is on constantly for crews to meet these deadlines.
The pay isnt bad but you certainly work for it, there are nightstops on each flight but this means you can be away from home alot.

As for the routes they can be very wearing . They are certainly different and some crew find them hard to get used to....and some never do get used to them . It isnt the worst airline at LHR , but it definetly isnt the best! Hope this helps .