PDA

View Full Version : Exchange of Ideas

amtcndtr35
19th Aug 2001, 01:17
I'm an Amtrak Assistant Conductor and new to this board. I hope to gleen from exprienced FAs on how to deal with passengers as we do have a lot in common in our job descirptions. While our transportation fields are differnt in many ways, they are similar in just as many. I hope to share many ideas and expirences with you because I am also new to this field. As you have "Air Rage", we also have "Rail Rage". I'll be on here from time to time to share expirences and to ask for assistance on how I could've a situation better. I'll offer up a thanks ahead of time for your help. :D

Amtcndtr35
For those of you OverSeas who don't know what Amtrak is, it's the U.S.'s National Passenger Railroad Corporation.

Sick Squid
19th Aug 2001, 14:52
Well, hello and welcome Amtcndtr35! There is plenty of talent and experience in this little corner of the web, and you should get some good solid help, advice and opinions.

As I see it, a system of leaving rail rage culprits by the side of a lonely railroad in the middle of Nowheresville, Lousiana would discourage them from their actions. "You wanna fight? Bo and his cousins are waiting down there by the bayou, they'll oblige ya! Squeal like a pig, boy!"

All the best, and welcome again! :) (Edit to add; Excellent input to the UM thread by the way, just checked it out. Exactly this type of cross-comparison can help everyone in the customer service industry.)

[ 19 August 2001: Message edited by: Sick Squid ]

amtcndtr35
25th Aug 2001, 00:21
Thanks Squid for your response. That's what we usually do is leave trouble makers off in the next town with local constibule. Unfortunately, we can't just drop them off on the side of tracks, safety issues ya' know. I hope that I can gleen inforamtion from the wealth of expirence here. We all have similar jobs here and any information I can pass on or someone else could too would be great. Thanks :D

Shawn