PDA

View Full Version : BMI Interviews

Beryl Board
15th Mar 2001, 01:08
BMI are recruiting for Duty Managers this month. Anyone got info on the Assessment Centres / Interviews that they are doing? I must admit any dealings I have had in the past with BM have not been positive. Maybe I won't bother after all!

ex cabin crew
15th Mar 2001, 02:00
I applied for the Cabin Crew duty manager vacancy back in Jan. After receiving 2 letters saying they were reviewing my CV I heard a week ago that I hadn't been chosen for an interview. I have 10 years flying experience, 3 years crew and flight ground ops experience and Duty Management experience in a large hotel. I wonder what they were looking for in the initial CV screening?

euroboy
15th Mar 2001, 02:55
Hi
There seem to be quite a lot of negative comments regarding BM (bmi) and being honest here I have to put my hands up and say me to.

I was Cabin Crew with them for a good 10 years and finally left when opportunities opened up for me with another airline. During the 16 months I was with this 2nd airline I gained many new and developed skills ranging from interviewing to SEP/Security training. Unfortuately, this airline folded, and I ended up in a management role at a travel agent.
After a few months I realised that this was not the job for me....and I did the worst thing anyone can do-which is to go back on yourself. I applied to go back to BM.
The interview was hellish and I was not successful. (I`ve posted the experience to a fellow pprune cabin crew wantabee in the last 10 days). During that interview they never offered me an application form to complete, nor wanted my CV. They had NOT a clue what I had achieved way from them in such a short time.
Looking back at my 10 years at BM I realised I had stagnated for the last 4 years and I should have moved on earlier than I did.

The cabin crew especially at LHR are very young, turn over is high due to the work load, pay and conditions. The long termer are not bothered.
Morale from friends still there is low and 1 girl I know is taking the redundance package as bmi are closing the BHX base and BM commuter is taking it over(she started 20 odd years ago). The only bmi bases left will be LHR and MAN long haul so I`ve been told.

Generally, reading other peoples experiences regarding this airline are not good...this surprised me with the volumes.

I hope you are successful what ever the out come or your choice.

Oh yes, after that hidious interview, 2weeks later I was offered a cabin crew job with another airline.

[This message has been edited by euroboy (edited 14 March 2001).]

[This message has been edited by euroboy (edited 14 March 2001).]

Beryl Board
15th Mar 2001, 15:12
Thanks Euroboy and ex cabin crew for your replies.
I think you have both confirmed all along what I was thinking. BMI is not for me.
cheers

ex cabin crew
15th Mar 2001, 23:29
It really does surprise me when I hear all the negative comments about working for BMI. From a passenger point of view I think BMi are really good. I used to commute with them from Teesside to LHR when I flew longhaul out of LHR and I can honestly say that I never had a bad flight. However I always had a Teesside based crew and it was a small base at the time. Good luck with whatever you do Beryl and who do you fly for now Euroboy?