PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways

Springbokkie
14th Mar 2001, 14:33
I see Qatar Airways are recruiting Cabin Crew (new) and also experienced FA's for their First Class Cabin.

Anyone had dealings with Qatar???

FridayNightPalma
14th Mar 2001, 22:36
Got offered an interview with them last year. They seemed a bit un-proffesh in their admin side of things. Was a bit weird about the fact that they don't employ stewards - a tad sexist? Also when they phoned me to go for the interview they asked me to take a swimming costume along for a swimming test - hmmm! Be prepared for this and you'll have no probs!

ex cabin crew
14th Mar 2001, 23:01
The vacancies for experienced crew is for the Amiri Flight, working on the private a/c for the Royal Family. BA crew used to cover these flights (I was a volunteer for it but never actually worked a flight but I have friends who did and they thoroughly enjoyed it). I looked at the Qatar website and it appears they do take on male cabin crew.

gulf-crew
15th Mar 2001, 11:02
Dont touch it with a barge pole. unprofessional is understated esp with the little man at the top, snack bar the baker. Flights are hard very junior crew who know nothing pay is nothing compared to EK junior crew who take home about 8000 - 9000 sfufties per month compared to QR crew who take home about 6000 - 6500 per month for experienced crew. If you can give it a wide berth the man at the top does not like western crew thinks they cause too much trouble. Doha is a nice place to live, great lifestyle try the Amiri Flight not as good a package as the old days but a grand bunch of people to work with..... Hope this helps..
email me if you want any more info!!

[This message has been edited by gulf-crew (edited 15 March 2001).]

comeflywithme
17th Mar 2001, 22:02
For your info
As gulf crew saidthey only take their local boys and any foreign girls. They think western boys cause too much trouble and dont listen to what they say. They only put males on their website as not to get sued for being sexist. Not from their own country, but from foreign countries. Emirates used to be like that but have now learnt. By the way they have no unions there so be prepared to be kick around and not be able to say anything. Trust me try somewhere else.

stay safe

headdown
20th Mar 2001, 09:31
Do they take aussie sheila's?

gulf-crew
20th Mar 2001, 13:59
Guys they do take on western guys, they have 1 kiwi, 3 brit guys working for them at the moment, the package is not great, but doha is a nice place, very quiet.

The company is unprofessional, but their are some great people working in the cabin crew dept. Some of the crew are bad eggs and stitch the others up, going into the office and telling tales etc, spies who you fly with and dont know it the next thing your up in front of snackbar the baker and sacked. One british girl was sacked for not wearing her hat properly, one Purser deomoted as his epilates were on the wrong way, the list goes on, in my view give it a miss, try Emirates trips and money are a lot better. As for the rostering well if you dont think its legal and it probably is not then you have to do it anyway.

Good luck give it a wide berth!!!!!!!!!!

paddle
23rd Mar 2001, 20:57
headdown......DONT DO IT. As previously stated....no unions and dodgy legalities run rife in this part of the world. Stay in a civilised, normal environment!

headdown
26th Mar 2001, 04:28
Thanks Paddle, your reply has been enough to put me off. :)

gulf-crew
26th Mar 2001, 21:50
Thumbs down boys and girls stay away from this lot its not worth the trouble even applying.

Did any of you see their advert in Heathrow SKYPORT it did make me laugh. Hope none of you applied for it.