PDA

View Full Version : JAA PPL pass papers

wire12
3rd Nov 2007, 16:17
Hello all,

Does any one know any where you can get pass papers for the jaa ppl exams?

Whirlygig
3rd Nov 2007, 16:35
If you mean past papers, then they are not available as such. Your best bet is to buy a Questions & Answers type book (such as the PPL Confuser) or CD Rom and use those to practice.

Cheers

Whirls

maxdrypower
3rd Nov 2007, 17:26
I have put this on here a few times and most people agree . The confuser is give or take a few questions almost a past paper in itself , if you can answer the questions in there you will pass the exams I used it for both PPL and IMC and found that to be the case .

wire12
3rd Nov 2007, 18:59
Hello maxdrypowder,

Yes the confuser will help you through most of the stuff in the exams but there are a lot of questions that are not. For example, in the aircraft General Knowledge exam there are a lot of questions on principles of flight which are not in the confuser.

Stevob
6th Nov 2007, 13:07
I believe the 'Question and Answer Simplifier' from the Jeremy Pratt series to be a superior book to the ppl confuser as it states the explanations to the answers given.

Good luck with your exams.

Mercenary Pilot
6th Nov 2007, 13:18
Read your text books and then use the Confuser to prepare for the exam. You are meant to know the subjects, not just learn the answers by rote. If you really understand the theory then the PPL exams are easy, and it will make you into a much better pilot.

M20airmed
7th Nov 2007, 04:26
Absolutely! The PPL confuser is meant for immediate pre exam practice only, and only after you have completed your studies. You may well be able to pass by learning the answers but doing things that way will only compromise your own competence.