PDA

View Full Version : VirginBlue interviews

Vertigobabe
12th Mar 2001, 03:15
Does anyone have info regarding Virginblue interviews? The sort of questions asked and what they are looking for etc. I have an interview tomorrow.......

charlie1
13th Mar 2001, 22:04
so how did you go with the interview vertigobabe? what was it like, what did they ask you? how many interview stages do they have? sorry you couldn't get the answers from here before you went. i hope you went well anyway.

------------------
love like you have never been hurt and dance like nobodys watching

Vertigobabe
15th Mar 2001, 07:26
Charlie1
The Virgin blue interview seemed to be very unprofessional. The first day was a seminar where they explained what the job is about and blah blah..then we had to fill out an application form stating why we want to work for virgin blue what are hobbies are and stuff like that.
Then for the second interview they were running an hour and a half late at 10am!!
Anyhow, when I finally went into the room after running down to my car twice to top up the meter I was asked the standard airline questions...such as: give me an example of excellent customer service...what are your goals?...why virgin?....describe a difficult person in a sentence...this all went on for about 45 minutes.
I will hear from them on friday. But to be honest nearly everyone who works in the organisation seems a little wet behind the ears from my observation.
Great place if you just wanna have a joke and muck around, but if you want some respect try an airline with "A touch of class"

galleygirl
15th Mar 2001, 09:23
i agree with your view on the virginblue interview process. had one last year in melbourne and had to wait around for hours. had the 2nd interview on the same day, after acting and improvising with a group of strangers. 2nd interview literally was full of jokes and i couldnt concentrate or answer the questions properly. obviously i wasnt successful but i decided i didnt want to be there anyway! does anyone know if impulse have a similar 'fun' policy or are they a bit more professional?, i have an interview next week.

cabinboy
15th Mar 2001, 13:02
Vertigo babe,
Was your interview in Brisbane ? I was invited to the first ever flight attendant interview held for Virgin Blue in BNE in March 2000 and my interview seemed similar, although I wasn't asked any questions like " why virgin etc "...all of my questions were fun questions. Because I wasn't selected from the TOUGH competition I am working for a competitor airline in a ground role position and fear that because my airline is a major threat that I won't even be looked at again for an interview.

Does anyone know if any ground staff from other airlines have been accepted in Virgin Blue Cabin Crew roles ?

------------------
I don't mind flying. I always pass out before the plane leaves the ground — Naomi Campbell, supermodel.