PDA

View Full Version : Unusual incident

STR8CabinBoy
11th Mar 2001, 04:56
Hi, let me introduce myself first. i am flying as a F/A since more than 2 years now with a small european flag carrier. Tonight, I had the worst of the worst what happened to me. I just returned from a holiday flight to PMI. A female pax was relieving herself into my galley, as the toilet was occupied by another woman, who had to vomit, as she was ill. The lady in my galley was afterwards very proud of herself, as she was telling around the story to passengers next to her(fortunately for me, the passenger right next to me was one of our Assistent-Chief Stewardesses) . Of course I went to the lady and asked her, what she did do, as I wasn´t in the galley when it happened, my F/A3, who is flying with us since a few months only saw her and told me. So, when I came to her, she began arguinmg with me and shouting with me, which i replied then.

My question now is, how do the other carriers handle such incidents, what penalties can the passenger face(if any?)

all answers welcome

cheers
STR8CabinBoy

p.s. now i gonna go sleep, I really need it

GalleyWench
11th Mar 2001, 20:52
Str8, Are you telling us that she used the galley as a toilet? And was proud of it?????My mind is reeling. That is definitely a crime, albeit minor, in several countries. I was on a flight from DEL where a well to do womand daughter used the crossaisle as toilet. Then smeared it everywhere. The purser was so incensed he brought paper towels and linens to the mother and demanded that she clean it up.Seeing the anger in his eyes she did. We had a FC pax that was well drunk sh** all over a FC queen cart on a flight , this was in the news all over the US. He had to reimburse all of the FC and BC pax for their ticket cost(the smell apparently travelled!) and was banned from travel on our carrier. As his name was published it 'soiled' his business reputation as well. At the very least she should have cleaned it up, I would have had authorities meet the flight.

flyblue
12th Mar 2001, 00:25
I think the Captain would be the one to decide and take action in this kind of matter. What did he do in your case? Did you report?

STR8CabinBoy
12th Mar 2001, 02:39
Hi, well I reported it to the captain, I wrote a report about it and send it in to our Chief-stewardess, as well as to our Chief-pilot, but I will have to go to the office tomorrow morning, then I will know more.

Yes, this lady was using my galley as a toilet. If anybody of you fly 737, you know how to arm and disarm the escape slides. well, actually she relieved herself right over the slide and the girtbar, so it was a pleasure to disarm the slide after landing. :-(

I will let you all know more about this incident, as soon as I get more informations as what will happen to the pax.

until then, safe flying

STR8CabinBoy

p.s. for people who would like to get more info´s about this, feel free to contact me at
[email protected]