PDA

View Full Version : Slots for cancelled flights?

Charlie Roy
2nd Nov 2007, 13:56
I had a flight booked with Vueling.
Having booked it, I later saw that soon afterwards it wasn't bookable anymore on their website. I thought "Wow, booked out already?".

That was in July or August. Now this week Vueling contact me to say that the flight is cancelled. I suspect that they took the decision ages ago to cancel it, but only told me about it now :suspect:

Hence my question: is there some way I can see on what date Vueling cancelled the slots for their flight Valencia VLC to Brussels BRU, 01/Jan/2008, VY 7060?

:ouch:

DFC
2nd Nov 2007, 17:08
Were you booking in the Winter Season?

Often happens that the computer uses the summer time table for flights until told otherwise and that means it takes bookings during the winter season for the summer season flights.

No problem if the times etc don't change. However, often you can find that either you are unable to book that far in advance until the winter timetable is finalised or you will get a message telling you that there has ben an error and the flight you booked will not happen.

They may never have had any airport slots for that flight. Even if they did, they may have retained the slot and use it on a different route.

Provided that you got reasonable notice and got all your money back (including cost of paying by credit card if any) then you can't really argue. Better to spend your time booking another flight.

Regards,

DFC

PS, often such questions are better answered in the Spotters Area because they often know more about the schedules, aircraft etc than pilots or ATC do.

Charlie Roy
2nd Nov 2007, 17:49
Okay, thanks for the info.
I'm just a bit miffed because they've contacted me to say Valencia to Brussels has been cancelled. I asked them to instead fly me on their flight Valencia to Paris on the same day, and their response was that I'd need to pay extra :sad: