PDA

View Full Version : SEP Refreshers?

SPICEBOY
9th Mar 2001, 05:56
Before I return to my humble employment after a week off,I was just wondering if any other co's refreshers included questions that weren't in their manual?This may sound a bit like nit-picking but if I asked what to do with petrol in the cabin and it's not in the bible I'm sure I'd be called in to justify my ?'s.Also,these ?'s related to security procedures into the UK.I'm sure our overseas-based crew weren't pleased to see them.Do I raise it with our CCM or is this industry-wide?

------------------
Once more onto the beach dear friends!

Deep Cover Gecko
9th Mar 2001, 14:27
I would have thought that what to do with petrol in the cabin would be covered by the Dangerous Goods regulations, (although it would be in amongst everything else).
With regards to the UK security, I'm guessing that if you work for a UK registered airline and the overseas crew fly on UK registered aircraft then the procedures would be the same. IMHO anyway!
Hope this helps.

chilled
9th Mar 2001, 21:57
If it is not in the manual then you should not be being asked the question in your refreshers!! Talk with your CCM and Trg Department.

I'm sure the CAA would not be impressed with this.

Happy flying all :)

marshall.m
13th Mar 2001, 10:00
hiya spiceboy, petrol in the cabin is NOT allowed it is CAO ( cargo aircraft only) and must be packed in a specially sealed container and accesible.I dont know any carriers who would accept it. try looking up red icao/iata dangerous goods response manual.if its asked its not relevant....unfair question and obviously asked by an infintile imbicile.

Deep Cover Gecko
13th Mar 2001, 21:40
I know that we all know that things like petrol are not allowed in the cabin, but unfortunately there are still some passengers who aren't so sure of the rules. One of my friends was in the middle of boarding a flight when a passenger came on board and asked where he should put his camping stove. Nobody had picked up on it from check-in through to the gate staff and so it was left to the cabin crew to deal with the situation. As a result, I think it's always good to know what to do if somebody DOES bring dangerous goods on board when they aren't supposed to.

Dea Certe
14th Mar 2001, 07:52
Seems to me that common sense would dictate that you NOT allow it in the cabin. But then we all know the rules are sometimes not so common sense. Interesting it would get that far in the first place.

I'd grab the gate agent and the Captain to let them know. Surely the Captain wouldn't want it in the cabin. I'm almost positive the petrol would be taken away right at the a/c door. I've had Giant scissors removed from a pax and put in an envelop in the flight deck for safe keeping. How they made it past security in the first place, I have no idea.

If anyone has a better answer, please let me know.