PDA

View Full Version : V Australia - Flight Crew Applications Open

rexxxxxy
2nd Nov 2007, 02:51
http://www.bfound.net/det-entry.aspx?jobid=56318&CoId=43&rq=1

Ideally V Australia Flight Crew will have the following experience:

Captain

8,000 hours total flying time.
4,000 hours on jet aircraft in excess of 40,000 kgs.
3,000 hours in command of multi-crew, multi-engine jet aircraft in excess of 40,000 kgs.
Current ICAO ATPL, command multi-engine instrument rating and class one medical.
B777 type rating desirable.
Wide body, long haul experience desirable.
English Language fluency (written and verbal comprehension).
Demonstrated experience in a leadership capacity.
An ability to communicate effectively in a dynamic operational environment.
The desire to learn and grow.Senior First Officer

4,000 hours total flying time.
2,000 hours multi-crew, multi-engine jet aircraft experience in excess of 40,000 kgs.
Current ICAO ATPL, command multi-engine instrument rating and class one medical.
B777 type rating desirable.
Wide body, long haul experience desirable.
English language fluency (written and verbal comprehension).
Demonstrated experience in a leadership capacity.
The desire to learn and grow.First Officer (Cruise Relief Co-Pilot)

1,000 hours fixed wing experience (turbine experience desirable).
500 hours on multi-engine aircraft.
Current ICAO ATPL, or an Australian CPL with passes in all ATPL theory subjects.
Command multi-engine instrument rating and class one medical.
English Language fluency (written and verbal comprehension).
An ability to work collaboratively within a team of professionals.
The desire to learn and grow.

Bendo
2nd Nov 2007, 22:41
If you are interested in being part of our Flight Crew, we will be actively recruiting from Friday 2 May, 2007.

Received 2 Nov 07. Which part of this bulk e-mail is the typo? :confused:

Lowkoon
3rd Nov 2007, 02:27
What are they charging for endorsements now? :hmm:

Or should I ask how long do you have to fly for free for? :hmm:

esreverlluf
3rd Nov 2007, 04:59
Not entirely sure why they want applicants with a desire to grow - I would have thought that most people with that sort of experience would have largely finished growing!;)

F.QII
3rd Nov 2007, 08:48
Hi guys,what do you think the chances are going to be for non 777 rated guys out there trying to get a foot in the door, there are so many rated guys out there with cathay,emirites,korean and the like,V.A could almost crew all 7 aircraft without the need for getting any type courses organised.:suspect:

galdian
3rd Nov 2007, 11:55
F.QII

Suppose I should have double checked first - but aren't they advertising for pilots in general thus: you talking about command or F/O?

Number of people on other forums are talking about pay Vs lifestyle as indeed one should, however talk is cheap.
How many will walk the walk?? Your guess as good as mine however I will admit to being a cynic awaiting for the talkers to convert me into a believer by their actions equalling their words.

Let the crunch decision of lifestyle Vs pay (which is exactly what by the way?? actual, not rumours!) happen and see what the fallout is.

Bottom Line as Always: apply, if they offer an interview then you decide, if you attend and they offer you a position then you REALLY have to decide to accept - or graciously, with immense thanks, profound appreciation in your heart and greasepaint on your face, decline their generous offer. :p

NOW THE REAL QUESTION some would like answered by V: will there be any of the political/industrial crap derived from years long past that has been part and parcel of VB?? Or has the emperor "left the building??"
An honest "yes" or "no" would be nice but improbable.

Cheers :O

RRAAMJET
4th Nov 2007, 17:16
ICAO ATPL, etc, English comprehension....sounds like they're throwing it out there worldwide.

Surely you have to be Aussie National or Resident as well, so would not all applicants have an Oz-Atpl anyway??

This will be an important moment for airline HR types around the world - to see where "retention factor" conditions are at in expat-airlines; how much is enough to keep you overseas or base you back home in Oz? There are only a finite number of 777-rated pilots out there. Start your bidding....

32megapixels
4th Nov 2007, 20:55
I may not have read all this correctly, bad hangover, but what's the pay people??????????????????????

Its not worth the time to apply unless the money is there.

Does anyone know??

MTOW
5th Nov 2007, 05:33
(I suspect like many, many people), I got the email a day or two ago, and like many, many people, noted the rather glaring omission of what they intend to pay me. I've heard the Seth Effrican gentlemsn who'll have the not inconsiderable responsibility of setting the whole operation in motion is to be paid AUD210,000 p.a.

That does not auger well for what they intend to pay a mere line pilot.

I suspect the amount has not been published because they won't decide what the figure will be until they see how many are willing to take whatever's on offer just to get back to Oz and give a large slice of their not so large pie to the ATO.

Except perhaps for those very, very close to retirement, I suspect not too many.

sicilian
5th Nov 2007, 11:42
Does anyone know when the 300ER'S will be delivered and when the flights will commence?