PDA

View Full Version : Cessna 402 a,b models

Cessna 402 Argentina
1st Nov 2007, 21:26
Hi everyone.
I´d like to collect information about how to operate a Cessna 402 a model 1969 and b model 1971.
I have no experience in this aircraft. I will also aprecciate if possible a poh or something in pdf format.
Besides, any information would be very appreciated.

Thank you all in advance.:ok:

buzzc152
2nd Nov 2007, 11:26
I have about 700 hours on Cessna 400's (about half on the 402b). If you have specific questions, PM me and I'll do my best to answer.
All in all, a great aeroplane. No real gotcha's (slighlty complicated fuel system I suppose) but it needs a gentle hand to operate those big continental engines.

As with most light twins, single engine performance is marginal esp in hot/heavy conditions.

Sorry, I haven't got an electronic POH I can send.
Buzz

Cessna 402 Argentina
6th Nov 2007, 01:59
well, first of all thank you for replying. I´d like to know how does the governor works i mean, does it work as in any light twin in wich oil pressure acts against a spring or a nitrogen charge and towards low pitch high rpm in order to allow blades to position in a feathered position in the event of a sudden oil pressure loss?
Is the aircraft equipped with unfeathering accumulators?
I´m a comerccial pilot with only 350 flying hours and a multi-engine rating. so this is going to be my first job so I´m pretty excited.
Any operational tips, or something???
By the way my name is Martin Alejandro Gomez

Thank you again, sorry about grammar if there are mistakes.:ok:

buzzc152
7th Nov 2007, 11:24
Hi Martin

I will reply to your questions, but haven't time at the moment.

If you PM me your e-mail address I can send you a few facts and figures.

Buzz

Tinstaafl
9th Nov 2007, 02:25
Have you used the 'search' function? There's a number of threads about the aircraft type.

compressor stall
9th Nov 2007, 02:38
If there is no oil smear about 1/3 of the way down the gear door after flight, the engines are out of oil... :8

All in all a nice aircraft to fly, quite stable and docile, but as warned not too great on one engine.

Cessna 402 Argentina
10th Nov 2007, 18:47
here goes my mail buzzc152: [email protected]
I´m now mostly interested in some weight and balance chart or something that could help in making a quick calculation of those parameters.
I succeded in finding a POH but it isn´t complete.

tinstaafl: yes, I used the search option and I have read all posted stuff.

I first flew the aircraft the other day in a 15 nm flight to Carmelo, Uruguay.
And I also started flying a c310. As I said, entering genereal av here is hard, so I´m quite excited about it.
These are my first steps :)

Thank you all guys, nice talking to you people.
Enjoy!!!! life is short!!!:ok:

Cessna 402 Argentina
12th Nov 2007, 17:25
yes we´ve got one on board, but some of the last pages aren´t readable.
that´s what I meant.