PDA

View Full Version : Information about Qatar Airways

Burger Thing
26th Apr 2001, 15:19
Hey Girls and Guys out there !

A very good friend has a job offer, Amiri (VIP) FA with Qatar. Does anybody has some background information about the working conditions there ? Problems caused by cultural differences to other countries ? Living in general (Based in Doha) ?

Appreciate your help !

Call the tower
26th Apr 2001, 17:51
G'day.

Lived in Qatar for 5 years......loads of info for you......e-mail [email protected] all will be revieled!

The tower

Burger Thing
26th Apr 2001, 18:10
Thanx - an email is on the way

gulf-crew
30th Apr 2001, 15:38
Hi the country is a great place to live but has a few drawbacks lived their for 3 1/2 years. Sunny sandy and well the place is really being built up at the moment. As for the Amiri Team a great bunch of people but have they been told that they will be flying mainline with Qatar Airways for the first 4 /6 months which is not at all nice and well is quite horrible email me if you want any further info.

Burger Thing
2nd May 2001, 13:34
Thank you, I sent you an email

www.geocities.com/oli_156/Page_header.gif

Burger Thing
2nd May 2001, 13:39
Thank you, an email is on the way !

[/img]http://www.geocities.com/oli_156/Page_header.gif[/img]

taba
12th Aug 2001, 04:29
yeah,as gulf boy says...****ing forget it...been there,done it and....

taba
12th Aug 2001, 14:40
Just to enlarge on what I was saying in my rather short previous reply to Burger Thing...must have been the alcoholic haze I was looking through...
As Gulf Crew says...nice place with a lot of lovely people...Amiri used to be separate from mainline until Casper got his hands on it and changed the whole meaning of the thing!
Very few of original Amiri crew left...
Working mainline is a nightmare,especially for the CS/CSD,as there are so many crew coming in to their first job since school and when you try to guide them/correct them they take it personally,start crying then go running to the office!
The seniors have no say in anything and it takes weeks to get replies to the voyage reports...
Management,the Sri Lankan snake and Mr.Negative...they do nothing to support you unless A)you are Sri Lankan B)you only want a signature for a ticket...
The Cabin Service Training Dept are a bunch of people who have a couple of good individuals but even in there politics run riot...There isn't even an updated Manual!!I was out there a LONG time...
SEP training is okay and at least they have a kind of standard but sadly when you hear one of the lovely little thai crew whispering"BLACE,BLACE"...well enough said...
Crew Scheduling:the manager is a well qualified brit who has been accused of being too nice to the crew!?Only because he actually does try and help!He's leaving soon for better things...then they will be f****d!
The new GMFO and Quality Manager are both highly experienced Brits who are making a difference and indeed are willing to stand by any body...
Dispatch...depends on who is on duty will depend if you get the proper and correct info...again in house politics....
Welfare Dept are 3 ex dollies,multi national...well,they all hate each other and think they are management...when have you heard of welfare officers sending out written warnings!?
There is a grooming officer who has years of experience...and she has been sort of pushed to an office somewhere in the corner out of the way...charming...this is someone who should be in Management...she is suitably qualified...but no...
Then there is US...the loyal crew...what do we get?nothing but hassle...no wonder everybody looks forward to 8 day trip to BKK...but prepare for the return cos you could be next!!
Pse send me an email if you need anymore info...off t'pub now...tara