PDA

View Full Version : Monarch to Male.

Desk Driver
28th Jun 2001, 18:26
I'm booked on a MON a300 to Male in october and I have a few questions.

1) Can you smoke in Bahrain Apt whilst crew changes and acft refuelled ( I know I am a bad person but it would get me through the first 7 hours knowing I could)

2) How long is the sector BAH - MLE

3) Do the armrests go up in row 9? I like to spread and I know they're right by a door and I think that the armrests are fixed.

Thanks in advance

DD

------------------
-------------------------
You fly em we'll fill em!

Slaaag
1st Jul 2001, 23:39
Some answers that may help you?

1. Yes you can smoke in BAH

2. BAH - MLE approx 4hours

3. Row 9 is by doors 2 and the arms rests if i remember don't move.

When are you off? Hope you have a good time. Hope the answers helped.

Desk Driver
2nd Jul 2001, 11:29
Slaag.

I'm off on the 7th October for 1 week. Thanks for the info'. I hope your on that flight it will be nice to meet a fellow pprunner

------------------

Thrust-Bump
2nd Jul 2001, 13:12
Question is, which island are you going to ?

If you transfer by seaplane, say hi to the guys at Trans Maldivian Air Taxi http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

Desk Driver
2nd Jul 2001, 14:02
Sadly Thrustbump my transfer is a 1 hour Speedboat ride to Makunudu. But I'll look out for them.

------------------

Descend to What Height?!?
3rd Jul 2001, 19:48
If you get a chance of a trip in one of the air taxi's take it! The pilots are not averse to a little low level wildlife watching if you ask nicely!

Have a geat time, I did! :) :)

------------------
;-) It looked like a good idea at the time :-)

Silkman
4th Jul 2001, 02:27
DD
Great place to go, smashing island.Definately take a trip on the Twin Otters if you can and remember to take your camera !
If you're into it, take a snorkel and mask as it's another world under there ! Enjoy your trip. By the way the armrests on row 9
are fixed.Are you sure it,s an A300 as MON also use the A330 to BAH/MLE.

Desk Driver
4th Jul 2001, 16:37
As I understand it
(And I would love to be proved wrong)
Monarch use an A330 in the week and an A300 at the weekend. I'm on a Sunday night flight from LGW. Anyone else know any different?

------------------

Slaaag
7th Jul 2001, 09:31
Desk Driver, for your info, the MALE MON7914/5 operates on the A330 out of LGW Sunday evenings.

Best seats are = anything row 1 to 7 (premium) row 8 & 31 (emerg exits) Row 9 arm rests go up and sorry to say no extra leg room.

Hope this helps.

Desk Driver
11th Jul 2001, 12:40
Ah.....Bugger! Can you belive my luck? I'm booked on the MON5286/7 which departs Sunday's at 21:40 local. This must be an A300 as the other A330 is on the other side of the atlantic at that time. I'm surprised they have 2 flights on a Sunday though as every Longhaul Tour Op seems to be represented on my flight.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: