PDA

View Full Version : casual cabin crew with qantas

tomcat 406
27th Jun 2001, 11:22
I have made it to the second interview and have a few questions I would like answer if possibe. Firstly in the real world can you live on a casual wage from qantas and how often on average would you get flights etc. I would like to know also what are your wings ,and finally can someone explain why after putting money into training you would after six months get rid of you if of course you meet there standard .If there is anyone who despite the majority has gone from fix/ casual to permanenet it would make for a good read.
In the second interview can anyone help me with a psych question . If you have to cater for a fourth birthday and find out its a fortieth for a buinessman what would you do .Thankyou for any comments.

Biscuit Chucker
28th Jun 2001, 00:47
I also applied for casual position and was offered 6 months so I would think that they are moving away from casual workers altogether (to avoid having to make them permanent after a year?). From the 'rumours' floating around, it doesn't look like there is any chance of being made permanent from these contracts. But good luck, and enjoy! :)