PDA

View Full Version : Logging P1 as F/O

CXtreme
1st Nov 2007, 03:51
Logging P1 as F/O on H.K. license.

I am applying for a position as Captain on a CRJ based in Germany. (Lifestyle won). The requirement is a 1000 hours fixed wing command time.

My previous time is all military with 500 command on C130 and the rest Rotor wing command. According to the Hong Kong A.I.P. I have been logging my P.F. sectors as P1 U/S although I am not the Captain.

Will it be ethical to count these as command time in order to get a shot at the interview?
Any comments or suggestions??

Dan Winterland
1st Nov 2007, 04:01
P1 U/S is as it suggests. P1 with supervision from another pilot. Trying to dress it up as command time is fraudulent and will probably lead to you being disqualified from the selection process when you're found out. Come clean and point out your value to them. Five hundred hours military heavy transport command time counts for a lot and although you don't meet the minimum requirements, they may make an exception.

parabellum
1st Nov 2007, 04:03
Well it is worth a try to get the interview but you are short by 500 hours F/W command time. Possibly they may make an exception for ex Mil?

Suggest you cover your own fares and expenses if they do give you an interview, you may be able to recover some of the costs if you are successful!