PDA

View Full Version : Lodging in Dubai

MrAirbus
15th Aug 2001, 22:39
I went to work for a bank after I've been Brussels based FA. That was about a year ago. But know the flying bug starts bit me again and I want to pick up my FA carreer again.

Because it is a bad time for the Belgian aviation industry right now, I applied with Emirates. Just to try something new and also for the adventure (living in the UAE).

%I read on their web-site that they provide the lodging for their flight crew in Dubai. Does any one know something more about this mather? Are the FA's based in a nice appartment?

All information is welcome.

Thanks,

Mr Airbus ;)

HotDog
17th Aug 2001, 07:56
Have been to a few parties during Dubai layovers. Yes, nice apartments in the vicinity of the Holiday Inn Crown Plaza, along the Abu Dhabi road. Dubai, great place, Emirates a great airline. Best of luck MrAirbus. I miss the place!

Disruptive
19th Aug 2001, 14:08
Yup!!! Cabin Crew here have a good life. Share nice large appartments and are picked up and dropped off to work. A lot of them are experts at self adjustment of rosters (forward planning of sick days)for unpopular turnround flights operating at night into the Asian subcontinent. Over eighty different nationalities, good layovers, when you can get them, rotating seniority for requesting half of each monthly roster. Plenty to do, night clubs, tennis, beaches all those good things that a young vibrant work force can enjoy, and maybe operate the odd flight!!! :p