PDA

View Full Version : upgrade from Sia cargo to Sia mainline

realcapitano
31st Oct 2007, 23:43
Hi folks,

I've a couple of question i'd love to see answered.

1)is it possible to start with Sia cargo and to upgrade to Sia mainline and if yes after how long time.

2)besides Sia, what other airlines are worth considering,in terms of best
packages, in south east asia for an european expact ?

Apart CX which about i found a lot of material, I heard about Eva, China Airlines, Dragonair, Oasis but all without package details.

Anyone with suggestion or info' s welcome.

Thanx and happy landings.

BANANASBANANAS
1st Nov 2007, 00:35
I am sure you didn't mean to ruffle any feathers but for a lot of pilots, a transfer from cargo to Pax ops would not represent an "upgrade."

But to answer your question -

1) Highly unlikely

2) Check the back pages of Flight but you will almost certainly need to be type rated.

ArkPilot
1st Nov 2007, 09:14
BB,

Agree!!

I would go one step further and say while some aspects of mainline would be desirable the best way to describe the differences to an outsider would be "alike but different" rather than "an upgrade".:hmm:

Rcapitano, I would be wary of the poster suffering from the "grass is always greener..." syndrome. This affliction manifests itself in repeated negative posts about where one is currently employed and how much better life is elsewhere!:sad:

This poster is usually followed by the "kool-aid" drinker. So named because his posts portray a perfect place of employment about which great umbrage is taken should any negative post be made. :}

Rcapitano, good luck with your search!:ok:

fullforward
3rd Nov 2007, 20:25
An insider told me that there will be an "upgrade" for 25 SIAC 744 Capt to line, both to 777 and A380 fleets. Seeing is believing.

Left Coaster
4th Nov 2007, 00:37
Did your insider happen to say how those 25 vacancies at cargo would be filled and what time line would be used?
Cheers

ArkPilot
4th Nov 2007, 06:50
Slow down boys and girls.:eek:

FF,

These 25 "vacancies", are they after the 80+ surplus 744 Capts. on mainline are given positions?

I wouldn't get my hopes up next year.;)

Angel`s Playmate
4th Nov 2007, 16:01
:{ Ciao Capitano !
Seems you have never flown a freighter in your life, if you call a move to pax aircraft an upgrade !
:ok:

expat400
5th Nov 2007, 06:43
Come on guys, of course it would be an upgrade.

SIA Cargo is run by amateurs. It's a day to day operation without any long term targets or plans.

Roster changes happens daily and if you're less than 24 hours delayed you're considered on time. Only the complete lack of respect for the crew members private life allows rostering like this.

They assign the cheapest maintenance and station handling everywhere and the lack of quality is showing.

SIA Cargo has turned in to a second class airline. It is possible to change direction but I doubt the management is willing to do it.

I do agree that flying freighters is nicer than having a bunch of pax in the back but if you look at the total lifestyle I'd go for the pax fleet anytime.

Left Coaster
6th Nov 2007, 10:17
So... having so nicely given us your opnion...we can move along...or, if you like, ask ALPA C where they are? Reading some other site's postings, it would seem that quite a few have serious questions as the exactly what ALPA C ( C for Cargo) has planned for the guys... I'll go first. Where ARE you guys? Lots of work needed if you listen to Mr 400 here...any thoughts about showing up to address them?:confused: