PDA

View Full Version : Honey Mask

PAXboy
15th Aug 2001, 22:22
Before you folks get carried away with perverse ideas of what a 'Honey mask' is ...

I read of this about 18 months ago in the LH in-flight magazine. It was described by an opera singer who found that the repeated long hauls with the dry atmosphere, were very bad for his voice.

He said that he now always used a 'honey mask' on these flights, especially when sleeping. He did say that one looked slightly daft but since his voice was his only source of income, that was too bad!

Have any of you good folks seen one of us wearing one of those? I would guess that the pax wearing them would be in First, or maybe Club.

Any information would be welcome and any rude comments had better be funny. :cool:

Ivarong Headcount
15th Aug 2001, 23:21
Oh boy! You will never imagine the range of amusing, & yet oddly disturbing, visions your post has conjured up for Ivarong.

To cut to the chase, and we are assuming that this is an "external" method of protecting one's cherished and lucrative career as a warble-monger, then I would have thought it would have far more effect upon the skin than the vocal cords. Should a famed person volunteer themselves as the entire flights human-vapona strip then I'd call that their affair and let them get on with it. Selflessness itself. Hurrah...

If it's "internal" (I enter this area with great caution and ready to snap into the brace position) then it might just work... Orally. I'd advise the aquisition of their own pot of honey as to the best of my knowledge it still doesn't come with the ticket price - we can sort out the hot water and the plakky cup.

To date I have not had the exhilarating experience of seeing, being stuck to or assisting the local council in cleaning up the results of such feckless self-indulgence for the sake of vanity...but now I LIVE for the day!! Bring on the Honey Wagon!!!...actually, no, don't....

(Seriously)
Honey Mask:
2 Tbsp Honey (matters not a jot if it's runny or not)
1 egg yolk

Whip it up and slap it on for the complexion
of an angel EVEN after a long haul flight. Apparently according to my sources...with perfect skin. Cows. :cool:

amtcndtr35
19th Aug 2001, 01:33
And here I thought it was the mask the guy driving the "Honey Sucker" in the OAK Passenger yard wore when he went around flushing the holding tanks on the passenger cars. WHEW. I need one of those when he's cleaning the trains, especially #5 which spent 3 days coming from Chicago.
I mentioned to this guy the other night that his must really "stink". :D
Hope this humorous enough for you guys.

Amtcndtr35