PDA

View Full Version : B737 operators recruiting

DC-8
31st Oct 2007, 20:31
Hi mates,

I'm looking for B737 operators which are recruiting F/O's at the moment. I have around 150 hours in the 737 and 350TT. Any sugestion?

Thanks in advance!

YYZ
31st Oct 2007, 21:18
Ryanair...

greenslopes
31st Oct 2007, 21:30
Virgin Blue(but you will need residency in Oz)

marty1468
1st Nov 2007, 06:24
Hi DC8,

I'm just wondering what your route to get 150 hours on the 737 was? It looks to me like you went and did a TR straight out of training? I'm wondering because i am interested to see how you get on and i might follow your path if it looks like the way to go. I currently have 190 hours SE but am not going to finish my CPL for about another 40 hours yet.

Marty

Happy Wanderer
1st Nov 2007, 09:52
Same position here.....

HW

DC-8
2nd Nov 2007, 08:45
I'm just wondering what your route to get 150 hours on the 737 was? It looks to me like you went and did a TR straight out of training? I'm wondering because i am interested to see how you get on and i might follow your path if it looks like the way to go. I currently have 190 hours SE but am not going to finish my CPL for about another 40 hours yet.

Hi marty1468,

You are right. Just after getting my licence I started the TR in the 737. I went through a Line Training program. It consists on a TR followed by 200 hours on type (or 100...). When I started the TR I was just 200 hours, but I did not have any trouble during the course. If you study hard and you got a good education at your flight school... you won't have any problem at all. BTW... don't worry too much about your age, one of my mates from the TR course was 40, so... I think you have some chances...

WannaBeBiggles
2nd Nov 2007, 09:53
Hi

would you mind sharing who you did it through, costs etc?

marty1468
2nd Nov 2007, 11:54
Thanks DC-8
Ditto on where you did your TR and cost etc if that's okay.
Cheers
Marty

DC-8
2nd Nov 2007, 16:06
I'm flying with Pegasus Airlines at the moment, which is a Turkish airline based in Istanbul.

The price for a B737 TR and 200 hours on type is 37000€. The TR course is around 5 weeks. After that you start flying as a F/O. You should expect to fly around 60-70 hours per month. PGS fleet consists on 400, 500 and 800's.

Finally, regarding Ryanair, do you know any email to send my application?

-8AS
2nd Nov 2007, 17:48
All Ryanair recruitment info is on their website www.ryanair.com.

flyingcamel
3rd Nov 2007, 16:59
Worth remembering DC8 that your 'investment' in TR and line hours will be irrelevant if you apply for ryanair as all pilots with less than 500hrs on type start as 'cadets' regardless or so I can gather.

A better bet might be to flirt with BMIBaby or BMI regional - I think baby usually require 300 hrs on type but may make an exception if they needed someone like yesterday! I bring up regional purely because you have SOME jet hours and although its on the 'wrong' type ie not E135/145, that ability to pass a TR and fly a jet may well count for something (esp if you have more than 500hrs TT or getting close.)
Now go get networking!

Hope it's of help!

Norton29
4th Nov 2007, 00:28
First Air- 737-200

jamesIST
9th Nov 2007, 10:39
Hey DC-8,
I am about to move to istanbul and i am looking at pegasus for TR and line training can you send me PM... i tried to send one to you but you have too many PM's :)).. I would be very very very grateful.. Cheers buddy :ok:

tonicl
9th Nov 2007, 11:36
Hola Dc8,

Yo soy de Barcelona y he estado en contacto con Atlas Jet para hacer horas en A320. Pero parece que la cosa no está muy bien. Tú sabes si hay alguna otra compañía en Turquía donde pueda hacerlo? ¿Qué tal la experiencia en Estambul?

Un saludo

DC-8
13th Nov 2007, 15:14
JamesIST and tonicl, check your PM's!

portsharbourflyer
13th Nov 2007, 17:01
Take heed everyone, ask yourself this question if this experience he has gained is so valuable by paying for line training why is he on an internet forum asking "where can I get a job".

Beertender
4th Dec 2007, 13:38
Interesting subject.

I am just curious how many of you actually have landed a job with a EU carrier following these self-sponsored schemes with few hundred hours on type under the belt.

I know of two persons who went down the self-sponsored route with PGS with considerable hours on type, however unfortunately for them they are still waiting at home applying at the many B737 operators.

My question is: How do airlines look upon this kind of experience, in particular line training outside the EU?

Artie Fufkin
4th Dec 2007, 14:23
Someone recently got into the airline I work for after an SSTR / paying for 100 hours of line training with a non EU operator (Africa, I beleive).

I flew with the training captain who had done the guy's line check who seem very unimpressed with the concept (he said the guy flew well, though). Should be noted he is obviously nothing to do with recruitment...