PDA

View Full Version : Qantas 2nd interview

galleygirl
6th Mar 2001, 16:28
Anyone know details of the interview process after the inital walk in? Any advice would be much appreciated!

Cart_tart
6th Mar 2001, 17:42
hi G.G.
I've been thru all the interviews before. I posted a message not that long ago with all the details....i can't be bothered typing it all again cause it's very long winded so i've cut and pasted...excuse it being impersonal! Goodluck!!!
C.T.

hi charlie
I went through the qf interviews in Nov 99.
I did the walk in interview where they look at you for 5 mins you tell them a bit about yourself and then you either get a call back or told bye bye. I was lucky enough to get a call back and did the group interview where you sit around tables in groups of 6 or so with a staff member on your table assessing everyone. You listen to speakers, chat about things, do team activities etc. From what I gathered they're looking at how you interact with others, body language, communication skills. Then you have a morning/afternoon tea and you mingle with everyone and they watch how you mingle. After that it's back to the table for a little bit longer and then you're sent out of the room for about an hour to wait to see if you get a call back. After that it's the panel interview. My panel interview was with 2 lovely people who eased my nerves!! They asked me about what i liked about my job and what i didn't like, give them an example of how i turned a negative situation into a positive one, why i wanted to be an FA and other stuff that I don't really remember. Then you have to go out and wait (again!) and they tell you whether to go or whether you're going to the next stage which is psych testing. I went and did the psych test - took about an hour and is a pretty standard psych test if you've ever seen one. Then you wait again to see if they want you to have a medical. I had a medical, security screening etc and sent it all in and waited......and waited. In early january (remember I finished the interviews early Nov) I had a phone call re my references & whether it was ok to contact them. Then I waited again...end of Jan I received a letter saying "thank you for your time but you have been unsuccessful...please reapply in 6 months time!" GREAT! I tried to find out why I didn't get through but no one could give me an answer. They can afford to be picky given that roughly 10,000 people will apply for the job!
They are recruiting again soon....check the papers in the next 2 weeks. Apparentally this time they're not doing the walk ins...you have to phone and leave a message and if they like the sound of you they will ring you back and arrange a time for the group interview. Interviews are apparentally being held in PER for longhaul crew based here. That is what I've HEARD whether it's true is another story!
I hope I've been of some help to you!
Good luck