PDA

View Full Version : Emirates recruiting melbourne?

galleygirl
5th Mar 2001, 09:10
Does anyone know when Emirates will be recruiting in Melbourne again? Do they have preference for crew with experience? Any info would be much appreciated

comeflywithme
7th Mar 2001, 18:22
galleygirl
Emirates are recruiting all the time but i think the next one is in May in Melbourne and Sydney.I will try and find out for you and post on this thread as soon as I find out. I am with EK so It wont be long.

cheers

galleygirl
10th Mar 2001, 18:39
comeflywithme,

just received an email for interview with emirates in melbourne in april. any advice?

galleygirl
11th Mar 2001, 08:06
comeflywithme

just received an email from EK and i have been invited for interview early april in melbourne! any advice much appreciated

comeflywithme
14th Mar 2001, 14:52
galleygirl
Congrats on the intrview. Whatever you do dont bulls@#$t because they can see straight through it. Have you been with another airline? If you have they ask you why you left. Dont tell them because of you boyfriend or anything like that. Dress smart and make sure your appearance is 100%. They will give you a 150 question form to fill out. Its a psyco test to see if your wierd or not! Dont worry about that one but all the question are basically repeated but worded differently to see if they can catch you out.
Second stage is the interview, where they will ask you what you know about Emirates and how do you think you will contribute to it. Do your research, you can find heaps on the net. Try www.emirates.com (http://www.emirates.com) and www.ekgroup.com (http://www.ekgroup.com) .
good luck and I wish you all the best. You will love it out here.
Post me if you need anymore answers to anything

CFWM

Masafi
14th Mar 2001, 17:15
Hey galleygirl, good job with getting the inteview! EK are recruiting heaps at the moment, so you're in with a good chance of getting in! I haven't heard of many people joining with prior experience (apart from those joining from other Gulf carriers), it's usually the other way around, so I'm not sure if that would be looked upon as an advantage or not. However, as long as you make it clear you are open to learning the EK-way, new techniques etc etc, I'm sure they'd be suitably impressed. One thing I would stress though is to go the extra length to make your appearance stand out. I know it sounds very cliché-like, but EK are very particular about things like that. I'm sure you'll be fine though..... GOOD LUCK!!

------------------
Still or Sparkling?

galleygirl
15th Mar 2001, 02:52
thanks for your words of advice. I am ex gulf air, so i dont know how that is going to go with them and i dont know if i will be taking a step backwards by going back to the gulf (from australia!) anyway, we will see what happens, i will keep you up to date.

[This message has been edited by galleygirl (edited 14 March 2001).]

HotandWet
15th Mar 2001, 12:38
comeflywithme.......
Info on EK please,
Who should I write to for an interview & what is the minimum qualification?
Always on the prowl!

comeflywithme
17th Mar 2001, 15:14
HotandWet
Write to Personnel and Recruiting
P.O.Box 686
Dubai U.A.E

Check out the website www.emirates.com (http://www.emirates.com) and there is a tab for recruiting. This should give you all the info you need and minimum requirements.

Good luck