PDA

View Full Version : cabin crew pay and allowances

tomcat 406
4th Mar 2001, 08:54
I just wanted to start by saying a quick thankyou to everyone who answered my last question, but now I have another.
I am curious to find out what the pay is like as a cabin crew for say qantas or ansett .Is it a set wage through the industry or does it differ from airline to airline. I have heard short haul starts off at around 20,000 then goes up 2,500 per year and peaks at 28,000 with a miminum of 2 nights away per month with bonus 55 per night away.
International recieves 55,000 per year with up to 21 days away per month .
I have a friend who is a pilot overseas and he was saying some airlines will give you cash allowance per day in the currency of the country you are staying.
I know this can be a touchy subject and you cant go into the interview and ask but its a very dark area . The perks of the job are never mention along with what the wages are.So if anyone would like to or could shed some light I would be most grateful along with many other hopefuls

charlie1
6th Mar 2001, 06:45
hi tomcat 406
i have also asked this question in the past and i also got no reply. i don't think it is something people like to talk about. i also think because people fly different hours and to different places every month their pay differs. i think people do the job because they love to fly and because they enjoy the customer contact not because they want to make a quick million! i might also add that this is info is based only on what i have heard from friends of mine that fly. so it is purely second hand info.

------------------
love like you have never been hurt and dance like nobodys watching

cabinboy
6th Mar 2001, 06:50
Tomcat ,

Qantas short haul definetley does not start on 20,000....i wrote a letter to QF HR about 1.5 years ago requesting pay and was told starting salary is somewhere in 35,000 on starting flying duties. That was with QF short haul. I belive that with regional airlines such as sunstate and airlink you start around the 24K to 25K range - this is also the same for Virgin and Impulse.

QF INTL pays more for obvious reasons, MUCH harder work and more time away from home, although I have no idea of the starting salary.

As charlie said, who cares about the $$$ just give me a flying job !!!

------------------
I don't mind flying. I always pass out before the plane leaves the ground — Naomi Campbell, supermodel.