PDA

View Full Version : Crew chat??

deepvainpain
20th Jun 2001, 20:26
Does anyone here actually use the chat room on the site? I visited earlier and got the impression that it was only flight deck. If so what is the best and most popular time to go in. Would love to find people to talk to as I have finally discovered a way to make my standbys without me wanting to kill myself through total boredom!!

Sick Squid
21st Jun 2001, 02:09
It's not only Flight "Crew" in there DVP, but a broad spectrum from all walks of life and aviation... busiest time is evening UK time, though there is an Ozmate high around 5 to 8 gmt, I think.

Give it a go, but always remember the Sick Squids Golden Rule of Aviation... you never know who you are talking to! Meaning, the humblest junior FO on your flight could be a bonafide Rocket Scientist in a previous life, your Purser could be a qualified Doctor or a PhD, or your skipper could have represented your country in the Olympics.

Anyway, this site does attract a few pilots, and some of them do head for chat. Please stop them talking about flying, it doesn't do them any good! :)

All the best,

£6

f40
22nd Jun 2001, 20:36
DVP, busy times as stated by 6£; busiest between 2200 0100 hrs GMT in my experience. But late morning Eurotime can get quite animated as well.
Cabin Crew not all that many, only 4 that I know of who visit regularly. But they're great to talk to, and so are a lot of the other chat regulars, regardless of employment in aviation or not! :)
Topics range far and wide, and at times the whole thing takes on surreal dimensions.

Those are some of the very best times..... :)
See you there?

------------------
Singularly Simple Person........

VFE
23rd Jun 2001, 15:02
Best chat room on the net - official! I go in there now and again and love it though the others in there don't because I tend to smell and they don't like smells in there. :)

Seriously, new comers are always welcome and if you are really cool Velvet or OB will pour you an ickle tipple or two.

VFE.

PS: Fab central heating too!

Biscuit Chucker
23rd Jun 2001, 22:11
Had a ball in the chat room this moring, met some wonderful people, heard some interesting things. Was a steady flow of people coming in and out. See you there! ;)

dingducky
24th Jun 2001, 15:09
you will be an addict as well soon :)

------------------
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.