PDA

View Full Version : Printer/file sharing

tcr2
30th Oct 2007, 02:05
I am really not too tech savvy, and would like some help/advice with the following problem:
I have a new desktop, with two work laptops connected through a wireless network to this desktop. I am able to access the internet on both laptops (through the wireless connection to the desktop), but cannot set up the system to:
1) Share files (I would like to access files from both laptops through the desktop), and
2) Network printing (I can print directly from desktop to printer, but also wish to print from either laptop to the same printer, connected via a USB connection to the dektop).
Any help from you people with 'the knowledge' would be greatly appreciated!!

I have tried a few things, but without much success!!:ugh:

clicker
30th Oct 2007, 02:58
Hi tcr2,

Have you altered the folders to allow access?

If not you can alter the folders properties via a right mouse click (iirc as I'm not in front of my own setup and work won't allow me to play with theirs to check that I'm right)

Saab Dastard
30th Oct 2007, 09:25
If you go to the Microsoft website and enter "home network" in the Search box, you will find several useful articles that explain how to set up and troubleshoot your home and wireless network.

You can also search for "File and Printer Sharing".

Indeed, if you search for the terms on PPRuNe (C&I, any date), you will find many useful threads also.

SD