PDA

View Full Version : Urgent - Help Required!

cougafer
29th Oct 2007, 20:47
Hey,
hopefully someone on here will be able to help...

Ok, so I've just booked return flights for my great uncle - LCY BHD LCY
on airfrance website
But, clearly I was being a tool, entered the name details in the wrong boxes (i.e. entered first name in the Surname box)

I have tried calling Air France, but they are closed.

Do they allow for name changes? I have been onto their website and tried to amend passenger details, but the only available options were to change frequent flyer number/identifier for check in..

What should i do? Don't want to have to shell out another £150 for a new ticket!

Avman
29th Oct 2007, 21:49
Is he travelling first thing tomorrow morning? If not, call Air France in the morning. If yes, proceed to the airport early and explain at ticket desk. Third option is to say and do nothing! Since both names will match I will wager that no one will notice they're back to front and you'll have no problems. But, it's your call.

SXB
29th Oct 2007, 22:12
I agree with Avman, I don't think they'll even notice. Besides, AF are a 'real' airline and if you explain the problem at checkin they'll just rectify the error.

I recently made a typo when booking an AF flight with my son, I made an error in his surname (what an idiot) I called them and they just rectified my mistake free of charge. I also made the same error with wife's name on an LH booking some months ago, same result, they changed it free of charge. I imagine they must have thousands of such typos every week....

PAXboy
30th Oct 2007, 01:28
Only thing I encountered with this was on auto check-in: When the names were reversed between the ticket and passport, the system naturally rejected it. The agent cleared it through in a second.

PVGSLF
30th Oct 2007, 06:15
Living in the Far East and booking a lot of travel through a local travel agent, my name invariably gets swapped around. The worst that happens is the check-in agent does a double take at my passport, and then I get called "Mr<firstname>" for the duration of the flight.

lexxity
30th Oct 2007, 19:35
I really don't think you'll have a problem with that at all. It's a very common problem and the check in agent probably won't even bat an eyelid.