PDA

View Full Version : Tyrolean selection

RoyBoy20
29th Oct 2007, 14:18
Hi

Ive been invited to the Tyrolean selection and I would like to ask a few queations.
What are the examination questions like? Similar to the JAA exams? Also, where can I get info regarding Austrian regulations?

Thank you in advance
Roy

lalbak
30th Oct 2007, 00:20
Study your JAA a little, especially meteo and you'll be fine. 100 questions of which not a single question regarding austrian regulations. Didnt notice that they were FAA questions either, like sometimes mentioned.

boeingbus2002
30th Oct 2007, 10:11
There is a FAA book by Gleim which is referred to a lot. Very useful.
Multiple choice with 3 options..! Several performance charts and tables to interpolate, some other diagrams to refer to aswell.

Its not too bad, if you are fully conversant with your JAR stuff, you will do fine. 100 questions overall and try not to be put off by others walking out after an hour! Just focus on yr own paper.
They give yr result after 2hrs. A negative result and you are on yr way home. A positive result and you will be invited for stage 2. This maybe either that same afternoon or next day. Its in a small room in Innsbruck centre. Dr. Morawetz is the psychologist. They have various macs setup with computer based testing. Generally not too bad however some tricky tests as they mouse you use is pants. Time is usually the thing that catches you out. Overall this will last 4hours!! Your head will want to explode after this.

Good luck:E

RoyBoy20
30th Oct 2007, 11:34
Thanks for that guys, I better start reading up on my JAA! I was most worried about the Austrian regulations but hopefully there wont be much on that!!

sick_bag
2nd Nov 2007, 17:09
whats the deal with tyrolean?

if you get the job, do you pay for a type rating?

cheers

PandinoFIAT
2nd Nov 2007, 21:38
Gleim's book about FAA Airline Pilot Quiz or Commercial pilot?

sick_bag
5th Nov 2007, 09:27
2 questions:

is the test multi-choice, like the jaa ones?

do they make you pay for the type rating if you get selected?

ta!

dartagnan
5th Nov 2007, 09:38
it is multi choice like the FAA. lot of graphics reading/interpretation , so nothing really hard unless you are totally clueless with aerodynamic.

the deal is you have to pay 27'000 euro, and they refund you on 5 years only IF you stay 5 years or they will probably sue you to see their refund back if you leave before. to summarize: just another bad deal!

PandinoFIAT
6th Nov 2007, 15:00
Graphics about performance or other subject?? and which will be type rating?

boeingbus2002
6th Nov 2007, 17:38
The diagrams for Peformance charts and tables are for piston engine aircraft. They required interpolation of data to obtain climb/cruise performance. Fairly standard stuff. Mass and balance calculations and to work out restrictions for take off/landing etc.
Other diagrams were for taxiway signs/holding point markings for CAT3.

By far the hardest part is stage 2 with Dr.Morawetz! 4Hrs intensive brain crushing computer tests. Speed and concentration are key. They dont want to see high scores on any particular stage, just a positive trend. Out of 12, only 3 passed.
Type ratings - One of the guys who passed the selection was placed on a Fokker course.

dartagnan
8th Nov 2007, 13:08
Type ratings - One of the guys who passed the selection was placed on a Fokker course.

after forking out 28000 euro !!

lot of guys will probably envy him, if you search harder you can find better deal.

Vainilla
8th Nov 2007, 18:20
Hello,

I have the exam 19 and 20 st of november and I would like to know if the exams are english or german and what kind of simulator takes the exam,

Thankss!!

Vainilla
8th Nov 2007, 18:32
I forgot to ask about the psichological exam , is it about personality questions or questions about intelligence?

dartagnan
8th Nov 2007, 20:17
the exam is in english or german, you can choose.

there are 100 quizz about you, like "do you like ice cream?"(I mean very easy),
then question based on rapidity, like typing the fasted possible on the laptop without breaking it when some sound or color appeared....

some questions are totally crazy and u need to calculate like what is the X in:

1 3 5 3 6 77 32 x ?
A H O G M I x ?

some pac man games or temperatures gauges to read....etc
no special intelligence required, just be fast...very very fast to grade good scores.

nothing really hard, but 4-5 hours tests in a tiny room , if you pass the test and not the 90-99%:ugh: of other pilots, for me there is something wrong with you.

I still think it is a money business and some docs make good money!

good luck!:ok:

Vainilla
8th Nov 2007, 20:53
Do you mean that 99 % donīt pass the exam??? Thatīs a bit dissapointed and hope not to be in that percentage , that scares me a bit.

Do you know the kind of simulator for the flight exam?

Thanks again

el_hispano
9th Nov 2007, 09:11
Try to do your best and don't surrender! It is the only advice I can give u....

Saludos!

BellyAir
9th Nov 2007, 09:19
1 3 5 3 6 77 32 x ?
A H O G M I x ?

OK Dartagnan, what's the answer?

dartagnan
9th Nov 2007, 09:21
answer:

it is 74 ans W.

just close your eyes, and use your imagination.I answered many questions like this (when I saw than trying to calculate mentally will take more time than I had left) and I passed , this is why I think these tests are BS specially when you look at the pass rate of 1-10% and with experienced pilots.

The "doctor" told us, few of us will pass and it could be 1 or 2 only. Then he even did his little advertisement that if we were interested we could do more tests or pass the words to our friends but of course we have to pay.

As long you don't pay anything, I would say go and see by yourself if I am right or not...my best advice is Speed!and if you dont know the answers, just give a number which look coherent or not just to fill the gap!

remember, you are dealing with a stupid computer, not with a human.

If the computer give points on the number of answers you give, it is still good to get free points cuz the computer know you wont be able to answer anyway ....to me the software is mainly based on speed and not on accuracy and you can see it from the begining of the test where questions are easy and suddenly become very hard (doesn't make any sens???).

Then, the doc look at the "trend" in his office. He doesn't have the answer and don't care about the answers.
He cares about the "trend" during the entire 4 hours test, and the speed you answer between each question and at the number of questions you have answered.

if you fail miserably in a test or two, it can be considered as an accident or an excercice you didnt understand very well due to stress, fatigue,....

In this case the software don't tell you if you have failed or not (no serious professional softwares exists for that), but the doctor may ask you some questions to see if it was an accident or not cuz he can see a "disformation"in the trend at exercice X.

so to resume, do the best you can based on my advice (speed), because at the end, it is the doc who decide and not the software. the software is just a tool for the doc...

Vainilla
9th Nov 2007, 16:16
Many many thanks for your advice , will try to be fast.

boeingbus2002
10th Nov 2007, 12:19
Forgot there was also the multi tasking exericse.
6 different guages to keep within limits using +/- buttons and mouse, a randomn mathematical question to complete (67*6) (931-73) etc and sliding pointer to position at given percentages. The key is to ensure the main centre instrument never goes out of limits. They tell you this is the most important. Then keep your scan going and check all the other ones.

The personality questions were along the lines of:
If someone hurts my friend I will take revenge..(several options given..)
If someone hurts me I will hurt them back..
I always wash fruit before eating..
I like to spend time alone
I have a lot of friends..
I have no close friends..
As you can see, there are several contadictory terms and trying to guess the best response will perhaps spoil the results. Just be honest and think of first answer.

Sim is Elite - a procedural trainer like a Frasca. Just a single engine setup to do a departure, holding, tracking and approaches.

After this stage (2) you will be given a final interview with airline personnel, captains etc. They will grill you and give you scenario questions. (drunk pilot, approach to INN below minimums and fuel below alt fuel etc) They will make you decide what to do and then try to make you doubt yr decisions.

Vainilla
10th Nov 2007, 16:07
Many thanks for the information, it doesnt seem very easy to take a position with them.

Studying like a crazy.

Many thanks again!!!

dartagnan
12th Nov 2007, 12:09
amongst pilots, we say it is one of the hardest interview in Europe.
regrettably the T&C at Tyrolean are not good in my point of view.

Vainilla
12th Nov 2007, 15:30
What do you mean with T&C???

Andrén
12th Nov 2007, 15:43
What do you mean with T&C???
Hi,
I think he means terms and conditions.

Anyway, I just got a letter of invitation today. I'm to attend the first day on the 25th of november.

I'm just wondering if anyone els have been invited?

I'm also interested in hearing more information about the selection process. Especially the psychometric testing. I would really love to have some new information about what to expect.

TOMASA
12th Nov 2007, 15:49
Hi Vainilla Im Spanish Too.are You From Valencia?
Im From Madrid And I Am Also Invited To The Selection In Innsbruck On The 25th November.
What Do You Think About This?should We Go Or Not?but Taking A Look The Situation In Spain !!! I Think Is The Best Way For Start To Work!
Good Luck Hasta Luego

Vainilla
12th Nov 2007, 16:18
Well I have been invited the 19 th and during three days , but if the first day i donīt pass then come back home.

good luck

dartagnan
12th Nov 2007, 20:24
should We Go Or Not

guys, I would suggest you to go for these reasons:

1)you can practice interviews and get a good idea what to expect in other interviews.

2)they offer free flight and pay for hotel rooms (except breakfast at 5 euro)

3) you may be successful and land a job in their Fokker100 after giving them 28'000 euro.

so 2 days in innsbruck will cost you no more 40-50 euro food included.

remember than 1-2 years ago, tyrolean was asking 300 euro for this interview.

be nicely dressed,tell them you are coming and have fun in Innsbruck.

Please report your experience once back!

danythau
13th Nov 2007, 15:34
hi
Are u guys flying to innsbruck on the 25th itself or the day before?
cheers
did u phone them already regarding the flight ticket?
cheers

TOMASA
13th Nov 2007, 16:03
Hi,i will fly on the 24th ,i think is much better just for take a look where the places are,hotel,meeting point.
Regarding to the flight tickets i have no idea,i sent them an e-mail asking it but no answer yet.I will go to the Austrian Airlines desk and iīll ask them.
If i know something i will tell you asap.

see ya

dartagnan
13th Nov 2007, 16:27
for flight ticket contact the lady who called you for the interview. they have a booking department for staff.come the day before of course.

their building is 3 minutes walk from terminal.
exit the terminal, turn left direction downtown.the building is a big metallic building on the left.

I think there is a "sport hotel" close of the airport (you can walk). the 2 other hotels on their list is on the opposite side of the airport, and u need a taxi.

hotels are confortable and some have even free wireless.

Vainilla
13th Nov 2007, 17:08
I received the confirmation tickets today from the woman that sent me the email from the interviwe and , you have to call the hot line ticket for confirmation two days before , I am going the 18 of november and come back the 20.

Hope to have some luck!!

Cheers!

EjetSetter
13th Nov 2007, 20:45
And in 3 years from now Tyrolean won't be asking for 28,000 for a type.

TOMASA
14th Nov 2007, 15:24
Yes Please!!!

Iīm In The Same Situation,itīs Absolutly So Much For Study It In 2 Weeks.

Thanks A Lot Guys.

Vainilla
14th Nov 2007, 15:57
I have reviewed , Anex 2 , Anex 6 , Anex 11 , Document 4444 , Jar-OPS procedures , Document 8168 , Document 7030, This is what i Have most reviewed and think is enough.

Good luck

Vainilla
14th Nov 2007, 18:04
I have no idea of that book ( Gleim ) but if you review a bit all the anexes I think itīs ok to pass it.

dartagnan
15th Nov 2007, 21:40
it s 100% FAA (gleim book), forget your CRP5.I don't remember to have seen any JAR question.
it s mainly about graphism reading and there is nothing to calculate except an easy weight and balance to do which will take you 4-5 minutes.

study load factor(answer from the graph), aerodynamics(answer from the graphs), propeller twisting(angle of attack or incidence?), X wind max (from graph), taxiway sign to read (easy stuff), why engine become hot (mixture too rich or too poor?)...forget about JAR AIR law.

this exam is not so hard cuz you have time and no much to calculate , just read the question, go to the graph, and pick the best answer.

If you haven't study the gleim at all recently (like me)or any FAA quizz in the past, you should be OK!

Don't stress too much cuz the chances to be selected are very very slim anyway.Just go to Innsbrusk, pass the test, have a dinner with other pilots and exchange info where else to apply,...

good luck:ok:

fly4einstein
17th Nov 2007, 15:37
Dartagnan, did you get in?
Boeingbus 2002, did you get in?
And if so, is it true about the deel that Tyrolean arrange for the loan at their bank?

Happy landings u all..

Bigglesdan
18th Nov 2007, 13:00
Hi Dartagnan,

Can you remember what kind of Nav/Met questions they asked?

Are the performance and Weight and balance mainly from CAP696/698?

Cheers

Dan

dartagnan
19th Nov 2007, 14:14
one question on weight & balance to calculate, very easy.
3-4 weather questions slightly harder.
I don't remember of any nav questions.
again, nothing to learn just use your "bon sens" !

TOMASA
19th Nov 2007, 14:46
Hi dartagnan.
Did you pass the first exam?Cuz im studying like crazy but if you say that i feel much better.
Regarding to the flight tickets,who knows when they use to send the confirmation,cuz im still waiting.

Thanks a lot,:ok:

dartagnan
19th Nov 2007, 15:14
yes I passed the first exam, I think 80%-90% pass it.

the problem is the psycho test!!!where most pilots "fail".

Bigglesdan
19th Nov 2007, 18:23
Hi Chopper copper,myself and a friend from ground school are both flying out on the 25th, not sure when yet as I have not yet received a reply to my confirmation email. I will let you know as soon as I hear from them and see if we are around at the same time.

Hi Dartagnan, if only half a dozen are on the JAR syllabus, what are the other 90 odd on?? Also, what is the dress policy for the selection process? casual with a suit for the interview or suit all the way?

Cheers

Dan

dartagnan
19th Nov 2007, 19:39
hi,

I don't remember to have seen any JAR questions, only FAA but I can be wrong.

the first day is the ATP quizz, then at 1 pm the "doc" visit for your brain.I think you can dress casual the first day
the second day is simulator test and interview with the board so "schlips" required!.

Vainilla
20th Nov 2007, 11:54
Hello everybody,

Took yesterday my exam ( the psychological ) , we were divided in two groups and the first group , all of them failed the theory and I was in the second group to make the psychological first , any of us passed it , completely strange.... so in a group of thirteen person any passed and today i am back home.

I donīt recommend to waste time going there.

boeingbus2002
20th Nov 2007, 14:29
Bad luck!! Sorry to hear you didnt make it through.
However try not to see it as a waste of time. You have made it through the theory test, some don't even pass that.
Stage 2 with the doctor is always tricky. Its a 95% failure rate. As you can see there is no real way to prepare for that stage.

There is no other airline who is prepared to pay for you to attend their selection, (tickets and hotel). Think of it as a learning experience, even though its very frustrating!!

Vainilla
20th Nov 2007, 16:02
Itīs very frustating to arrive at 08.30 in the morning and go straight to do the pshychological and if you fail it you donīt have the opportunity to do the theory.
Thatīs what happenned to us , they didnīt give us the opportunity to do the theory despite I asked fot that , but if you fail the psychological you have finished , very frustrating because this is the first time in my life I fail this kind of exam.

But I think it must be something besides when no one in the group of 13 persons passed it.

boeingbus2002
20th Nov 2007, 16:55
They must have changed the format then to accomodate more candidates. Either way you will have been stopped at the computer testing!
I had to do the theory tests and then after a short break 5hrs of computer tests. This completely tires you out and was a long day. 0830-1830!

Out of 12 of us on stage 2, only 2 I believe made it. They do stress however that a failure does not mean you are a bad pilot. Perhaps you could pist a detailed description of that test for others?

EjetSetter
20th Nov 2007, 19:06
Bad luck!! Sorry to hear you didnt make it through.
However try not to see it as a waste of time. You have made it through the theory test, some don't even pass that.
Stage 2 with the doctor is always tricky. Its a 95% failure rate. As you can see there is no real way to prepare for that stage.

There is no other airline who is prepared to pay for you to attend their selection, (tickets and hotel). Think of it as a learning experience, even though its very frustrating!!

I agree no other airline in Europe (and believe me I've called or talked to workers at everyone) is prepared to pay for your hotel, but what you lose with hotel you gain with T's and C's.

Vainilla
20th Nov 2007, 21:05
I donīt care about this company anymore, the fact that they didnīt let me do the theory is quite frusttrating when I had studied such a lot....

Anyway I canīt see the point in the possibility that they call you again to do the exam again in two months , thatīs not serious if they are looking for an specific kind of person.

Good luck for the people that is taking the exam in the next week

boeingbus2002
21st Nov 2007, 09:20
What would be the point of putting you through a theory test when yr results of the psychological evaluation would rule you out anway??

The reason why they allow you to reapply in 2 months is in case you may have had an "off day" and so your results were not as good as normal.

I would be gutted too, thats human nature, but dont be bitter about it. Who else has given you a chance this far?

Good luck tho!:ok:

dartagnan
21st Nov 2007, 10:02
Vanilia,

I am sorry to hear that, and I feel your frustration!welcome in the aviation industry!

thats right! you got your "chance" and you haven't paid your hotel and flight.
I told you to go easy on this, and have fun and enjoy your time in Innsbruck!instead you went with high expectations and fake hopes when the pass rate is under 10%.Don't tell us you didnt' know that!

if you were working for them, this is the way they would treat you.
their test means absolutely nothing and are old inaccurate and unfair as you can not even see the colors and forms on their bad quality laptops' screens...some other companies runs wombat test, and some use some kind of old softwares you can buy online(DLR Gu skytest).

You can pass the wombat test which is 99% accurate they say (bullock again) and fail the tyrolean tests (which is the best they say...), or the reverse...so it is all bullock, it's only chance and it is big money for these people running these kind of tests.

They don't even test the english language which will be a requirement in a few months for international flights (ICAO level 4) but I think soon, they will charge you a fortune for this.

Concerning for the group of guys who fail the written, I really doubt that. they have decided to fail them...

the time you have spent to review & study is not lost, you will need to review again for other interviews.

I wish you good luck for your next interview!

But I think it must be something besides when no one in the group of 13 persons passed it.the Doc wanted to go lunch, and fail you all!!!.

Vainilla
21st Nov 2007, 16:59
Thanks Dartagnan, will try anyway in another companies.

Could you please tell me how to get in touch with Denim Air or any other company that can offer opportunity with low time hours ?

Thanks

undertherainbow
21st Nov 2007, 17:59
sign yourself up on the CAE website!
they are doing pre assestments for quite some company's, including Denim Air. for Denim Air now it is the only opportunity to get invited, unless you know someone inside.
you can also try Ryanair via CAE or SAS.. and more companys when you search well!
good luck!

hh_1015
22nd Nov 2007, 06:40
Well i got all the questions written down (or at least to get 80-95% out of the test... if u got interested let me know! :)

Airbus_a321
22nd Nov 2007, 12:21
All applicants should keep in mind, that the selection process for them, for TYROLEAN, is just another "profit centre". :}
WHY ?: - just take your calculator: -xy- participants muliplied by the "application fees" gives a good non-core-business turnover for them.:ok:
Has anybody already realized how many applicants they invite for the selection processes month after month years after years? how "big" is their fleet? how many have passed the entire process?:confused::confused:
Don't waste your money joining the selection process. Instead just take the money and enjoy a nice vacation for a couple of days at the Innsbruck area, it's really nice there.:ok:

dartagnan
22nd Nov 2007, 13:35
airbus A321,

for your info:If you read the entire post, the application is free since 1 year or 2.
plus they paid 2 nights in hotel room, and stand by tickets.

I paid my breakfast at 5 euro and my food& beer and I had a very good time there.

Airbus_a321
22nd Nov 2007, 15:17
...ups..:cool: appologize...
and last year I gave them a lot of bucks to participate. :{:{
So maybe I was too early...and unsuccessful of course :O

hh_1015
22nd Nov 2007, 18:01
if u need the questions send me private message here:)

fabiobravetti
23rd Nov 2007, 16:21
Hi, I am fabio, Sunday, november 25th I will do Tyrolean selection, can you gime me info about knowledge test?
Many thanks
fabio

Captain N
27th Nov 2007, 14:02
anyone goin on the 2nd of DEC?

dartagnan
27th Nov 2007, 22:24
I thought they have stopped to hire...
be aware, their passrate is 10% or 0 % for now.

chrislikesblue
27th Nov 2007, 23:01
Hi HH nice to see ur post!
Im going to Tyrolean selection and im interested to know their questions.Can you help please?
Regards and good luck!

tractorpuller
28th Nov 2007, 11:27
dartagnan wrote: "I thought they have stopped to hire..."

Ha,ha best I've heard today... :D

dartagnan
28th Nov 2007, 12:57
thats true, hiring is on stand by for now, like many other airlines.
just go there, have fun with their tests, get your negative answer and go home !:ok:

5 RINGS
28th Nov 2007, 13:20
no need to show so much frustration mate.

I'have been invited for interviews in the course of december, with Tyrolean counting among interviewers.

Vainilla
28th Nov 2007, 20:29
Good luck with yout interview in December 5 Rings , but as Dartagnan said , enjoy the city and have fun , the interview is " impossible " to pass.

Big Frank
29th Nov 2007, 11:14
Does anyone know anything about the sim check / interview part of the selection? I get the impression that not many people get through the psychometric part, but just wondering whether anyone had any info?
Cheers!

dartagnan
29th Nov 2007, 12:07
the sim is a joke. videogame, unflyable!
they are cheap on their selection, why do you think they use some laptops to tests pilots. cuz it is cheap!you are the one to spend 28'000 euro in your license. not them.

Fletcher Lynd
29th Nov 2007, 12:43
Ok, been there this week... They are still hiring. And they even need A LOT of pilot. We were 50 invited pilots on this session. And you know what ? THEY DO PAY FOR THE TR NOW !! (it is a classical 5-year bonding)
So for all the future applicants, go there and not for sightseeing, try to do your best. The selecion is really tough, but some make it and pass. Why couldn't you be the lucky one ? This is my advice...
Cheers !
FL

Vainilla
29th Nov 2007, 17:36
jejejejejeje , they donīt pay your type rating , where did you get that idea ?? I talked to Sabrina before going asking about that.

dartagnan
29th Nov 2007, 19:43
fletcher lynn,

50,100,or 100'000 pilots in a selection doesn't mean they need pilot.
Tyrolean pays their Human ressource department (salary, hotel rooms, psy tests,flight fares...) a fortune to run selections.
So they do their job even if they need only 10 pilots a year.

if you pass their selection and they decide they don't need anybody, you will get a negative answer thinking you did something or said something wrong.

at this time , the pass rate is less than 10%, could be 0% for december.
During my selections day, we were 23...only 3 have passed the psychotests.
Maybe none has been selected for the final interview.

Their selection is not accurate and doesn't represent anything.They just want play like the big guys like Airfrance or Lufthansa.

Vainilla
29th Nov 2007, 20:54
I agree totally, they pretend to be like a big company but in fact this november they donīt hire any pilot, but itīs a good opportunity to get experience and see the kind of tests you can have in your future.

Andrén
29th Nov 2007, 22:46
jejejejejeje , they donīt pay your type rating , where did you get that idea ?? I talked to Sabrina before going asking about that.

They actually do pay for your type rating. There is a five year bond and the amount of money you would need to pay back to the airline if you leave before five years decrease with each year.

dartagnan
30th Nov 2007, 10:05
that's a good new!

Capt.Easy
15th Dec 2007, 16:46
what kind of thes does dr. m..... i mean the computer test. can someone explain it in detail? are there some test like in the skytest software??

thanks

Capt.Easy
15th Dec 2007, 16:48
What Kind of test do are in the psycho test? can i prepare with skyt... ?

thank you

aviator444
23rd Dec 2007, 14:12
Just thought I'd throw my two cents in the ring about Tyrolean.

I went on selection there near the beginning of December, having applied via the interpersonal aviation website (German airlines mainly). Out of the 30-odd there on day one, 6 or so went home after the groundschool exam, the rest went on for four hours of psychometric testing and an interview with the shrink.

The next morning you find out if you've passed that point, 90% go home now. Then the sim ride on a very basic sim, the instructor is hugely lenient (otherwise I don't think I'd have got through!), no emergencies, precision appr, followed by MA, then non-prec appr after a bit of nav aid tracking. Final interview felt like a bit of a formality after the ordeal you've been subjected to by that point.

I'm a 200 hr pilot, hadn't even done my MCC when I went on interview, and I've just found out I'm on the CRJ based out of Vienna. Heard nothing but good things about their training from someone who's gone before me, whose opinions I trust.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that, once you've passed the horrendous psychometric testing (which they've had to implement in-line with Austrian Airlines recruitment policy), they're a good bunch of people, and there ARE jobs out there for low-hours pilots.

dartagnan
23rd Dec 2007, 22:06
they're a good bunch of peopleI have an orgasm!!!

just kidding, this show how desperate is the situation.
in a good market with plenty of jobs, you wouldnt have to post such comment like " there ARE jobs....".

so yes, there are jobs outside, but they odd to get a real job, not a job where you have to pay, is less han 3 percents.

aguila320
30th Dec 2007, 15:10
Anyone going to the selection on 21st of January till 23rd???

harveybirdman
1st Jan 2008, 23:53
Hey aguila320,

Iīve been invited for those days too, Iīd like to talk to you about this and all the stuff written here.

By the way, congratulations for the call! (at least we gonna see innsbruck by free. hehe.)

Take care, saludos,

H.B.

intercooler
2nd Jan 2008, 09:37
I've also been invited to the January selection.

I have looked around on the forum for info about roster, pay etc. Anyone who knows something about that?

WMB
3rd Jan 2008, 10:58
Have also been invited for selection on the 21st Jan, where are you staying?

intercooler
3rd Jan 2008, 15:19
Carlihof was fully booked when I called. Got a room at Kranebitterhof instead. You?

standby10
3rd Jan 2008, 21:28
Hi all..Iīve been also invited to the selection on 21st of January.
I have a doubt, does anybody know if the application form should be sent via email or you just have to present it when u get to Innsbruck?

Big Frank
4th Jan 2008, 08:19
If it's the handwritten one you're talking about, just need to hand it in when you get there. Good luck!

hh_1015
4th Jan 2008, 10:13
Hey Everyone.. anyone coming to Innsbruck on january 21st fot the testings? :)

dartagnan
4th Jan 2008, 10:16
why hh?

do you go again?

aguila320
4th Jan 2008, 17:37
I'll stay in Kranebitterhof too... see you there

oliveira_luis
7th Jan 2008, 17:15
Hello you all,

I have also been contacted by the tyrolean department to attend the selection in 21st January, but they sent me the email in the 27th December, and have told nothing ever since, despite the fact that I've sent an email asking for the flights and to confirm my attendance.

I am from Portugal, looking for my first job, I have no big ideas or illusions, but I am just going there for the experience and to know how things work.

If I am successful, it would be good, but I am want to remain realistic, after all I read in post-poned stats.
I am staying at Kranebitter Klammstuben, I believe, at least it is where I have a pre reservation!!!

If anyone wants to maintain further contact, in order to exchange information, please, I would like to hearing from you.
Best Regards
Luis Oliveira

intercooler
8th Jan 2008, 08:17
Hey luis!

I had the same problem as you, I answered their e-mail but they didn't reply. It turns out it's better to call them about plane ticket reservations. I don't remember the number but it's somewhere in the end of the mail.

And that's pretty much all info we'll get from them until we arrive I guess.

BTW does anyone know if Kranebitterhof Hotel has wireless internet???

aguila320
8th Jan 2008, 08:46
Intercooler I have received by email confirmation about my booking in Kranebitterhof and in the email they explain some of the ammenities of the hotel (one of them is free wireless conection)

saichiel
13th Jan 2008, 11:17
Iīve been invited to the progess too , but now after read some posts , Iīm somethink like very scared (hehe) , the psico test seems to be a really brainheaters one :ugh:.

Good look to everybody.

KAS2005
16th Jan 2008, 09:48
You shouldn't be to woried that Sabrine don't reply on your mail's straight away. She has tons of paperwork and e-mails with all the selection candidates, and she will get to you eventually. But if you start to panik just give her a call :)

Oh yeah btw, the kranebitterhof has wireless connection, exept in a couple of rooms :ok:

KAS

dartagnan
16th Jan 2008, 13:50
I would panic when entering the cabinet of the Doctor Psy.

passrate is around 0.5%!!!

YES, 0.5% !!!!

KAS2005
16th Jan 2008, 15:37
No thats not true.. In averagde its about 10-15 %.. No need to be more pesemistik than nessesary ;)

KAS

intercooler
17th Jan 2008, 09:22
KAS2005, I guess you're the one who wrote about the tyrolean selection on the danish forum. Congratualtions to getting through all the tests.

What's happening now? Which plane did they put you on? Read somewhere that all new pilots get Vienna-based, you?

Tillykke:E

KAS2005
17th Jan 2008, 10:36
Yeah I was :)
I got assigned to the Fokker fleet, have just finnished all the security/emergency training and are outbound to Amsterdam this monday to start groundschool.
Not every newly hired pilot is assigned in Vienna. It depends on your fleet and your choice of base. I wanted to be based in Vienna due to the good connections to the rest of Europe, but if you eg. want to be based in Graz its posible as well (if your on the dash)

KAS

skylog
19th Jan 2008, 21:09
Which is the best Hotel to book in regarding proximity and services?
Anyone going up For the 11-12 Feb selections?
Cheers:ok:

fibbi
19th Jan 2008, 21:33
Yes I am going for the 11 and 12 feb selection ;)

turboV1
21st Jan 2008, 16:27
Dartagnan, the passrate is definately higher. First selection process of the year it was 22%. I've heard it wasn't that good for other dates, but don't get too pesimistic, its rates, you can be in the good one.

fibbi
21st Jan 2008, 18:06
Somoeone mention earlier in this thread that they had the questions for the interview.Anyone that wanna share them with me?:=

saichiel
22nd Jan 2008, 10:27
Don't be afraid very early , it's true that is not easy but I'm here waitting for my tomorrow simulator test,we are only a few remaining but we are on it, hehe.

I hope pass simulator and final interview and I hope too that once time here there'is possiblities to do it , I'll tell you as soon as possible

skylog
22nd Jan 2008, 11:42
Any feedback would be great ...good luck...anyone can reccommend the best hotel to book at?

Cheers

aeroarce
24th Jan 2008, 18:25
Hi on the first selection of the year only 6 people out of 50 passed the ATPL + Psyco.
Good luck for those who goes in FEB.

turboV1
25th Jan 2008, 11:10
Psy check pass rate:

I was refering to the 7-8th Jan selection, where there was definately a 22% pass rate on the psy check. Anyways the average is between 10 and 20% not 0.5%.

skylog
28th Jan 2008, 13:50
If no standby flights are found as in my case ,will they pay for the airfare or is it at my expense?...i am wondering if it is worth the 500 EURO airfare:ugh:

Thanks

dartagnan
28th Jan 2008, 15:29
I believe it is at your expense, if you have no stand by flight, just go back home, call them for a new invitation.

with the number of applicants and their 0.5% FINAL passrate, I can tell you,they don't give a toss about you!

0.5% is from your application on line to the cockpit as a copilot.Not everybody is called for an interview and not everybody got a right seat.
at the end, it is not even 10%, but 0.5%.

liftman
4th Feb 2008, 07:31
...Kas 2005,

I should join the company as well....I heard rumors about amount of Paying for F/O and a possible fleet change....do you have any news?

You can post me a PM if you like

Tks

king-air
12th Feb 2008, 11:14
hi every one, im going to the 25th feb selection with Tyrolean. has any boody got access to the ATPL questions by any chance?

cheers!

Bobs-Your-Uncle
7th Mar 2008, 18:37
Evening all.....

Anybody know if Tyrolean still make you pay for a TR?

I've been invited for interview selection but if they think I'm gonna pay 30k I'll stay at home and drink tea instead.

Do you pay TR or are they bonding people ????

Cheers/

TCL68
7th Mar 2008, 20:15
Bob, I have been invited for the 3rd April session. When are you going?

In answer to your question, a colleague of mine from the flying school is doing his line training right now based in Vienna. He had his TR paid for, but has a 5 year bond.

I have tried to quiz him about the selection process, but have no feedback at present. If I get to find out anything, I'll post.

Dr. Nick
8th Mar 2008, 23:48
Hi TCL68, I have also been invited for 3rd April selection in Innsbruck so will probably see you there!

All the best,

Nick

Firegoofy
9th Mar 2008, 16:45
I reccomend to prepare for the ATPL knowledge test with Gleim CPL !!

For the Doc, Sim and Interview you can't prepare you.

Cheers