PDA

View Full Version : flybe interview!

chillbill
29th Oct 2007, 11:07
if anybody has any info on the flybe interview / assessment scheme then please let us know!
Cheers
CB

Deccor
29th Oct 2007, 17:22
have also been offered an interview and would be greatful for info.

flyingcamel
29th Oct 2007, 21:39
Had one myself last week. PM me with your email if you want any info. Thought I'd crashed and burned but got a callback for the sim check. Nice bunch of people, do your homework, stay calm, be a human being and don't confuse the words 'maximum' and 'minimum' like I did when defining Vlo ha ha ha ha

Maude Charlee
30th Oct 2007, 12:03
Vlo is irrelevant - everybody knows the gear doesn't work on the Dash anyway! :}

speedrestriction
30th Oct 2007, 16:48
Tee hee hee

MIKECR
30th Oct 2007, 19:28
Out of curiosity, when did you chaps submit your applications??

Pull Up Whoop Whoop
30th Oct 2007, 21:19
Also had the call!..reckon I applied over 6 months ago!

YYZ_Instructor
1st Nov 2007, 08:25
Same here, applied over 6 months ago and got a call mid October for interview. Unfortunately had to decline.

Deccor
1st Nov 2007, 08:28
i applied about 6 months ago aswell. got the call a couple of days ago for interview. whats the deal with the basing? im in a good GA job, but want to be home every night based at brum. what are the chances?

Happy Wanderer
1st Nov 2007, 09:50
Er, probably not great. Have a butchers through the attached thread (if you haven't already.....) http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=293732.

Says something somewhere about being told of your base 'on the first day of induction'.

HW

Maude Charlee
1st Nov 2007, 14:22
Usually your choice of bases is given with the initial phone call offering the job. Unlikley to be what you want initially (although I hear encouraging reports about things having improved greatly in that respect), but the bid process works very well, and I would be surprised if after 6 months you're still waiting for Brum as a base. A lot of miffed FO's at Brum just now because they have effectively missed out on bidding for the E 195 until the summer, when they'll be up against the ex-BACON boys who have been frozen out of the bidding process this year.

flyingcamel
1st Nov 2007, 19:35
Er I didn't actually submit an application, the first I heard was an email from my FTO saying we''ve sent your details to Flybe and they'll be in touch shortly - mustn't grumble!

:ok:

Jean Bart
3rd Nov 2007, 13:53
Hi guys! Would u be kind enough to tell us what ur FTO was?
Thanks Flyingcamel

r44flyer
3rd Nov 2007, 14:03
It would be realistic to expect your first base to be either Belfast, Glasgow or Edinburgh. For whatever reason Flybe have trouble getting people to stay at these bases, so newbies get put there to serve time.

As has been said, bid for a transfer from day one.

flyingcamel
3rd Nov 2007, 16:54
The clue's in my 'location' designator on the left

:ok:

Flybe have just entered into some kind of 'agreement' to assess lots of new grads from the aforementioned FTO so we've been led to believe.

Best of luck all

Rollerboy
3rd Nov 2007, 17:15
After the events of last week and SAS thinking about ending their relationship with DHC-8, would this affect recruitment? Is it possible that SAS pilots may be applying to Flybe? Fingers crossed this is not the case as I know a few people going for interview in the next two weeks.

r44flyer
3rd Nov 2007, 17:42
That might be true. Have you read somewhere that SAS are even thinking about ditching the Q400? Got a link please? They would need a quick redirection in aircraft selection to cause a flood of TP pilots to Flybe, though, but if they move to a different TP it would be easier just to retrain current pilots perhaps?

SAS appear to be the only operator having such serious problems with the gear, unless I've missed something? Scandinavian air must be very corrosive indeed!

speedrestriction
3rd Nov 2007, 18:04
See the Q400 thread over on R&N. SAS don't feel that their customers' expectations are being met on their Q400s. They probably have a point. However, Flybe have not had any of the same MLG problems as SAS.
Looking at the OAT employment stats, it appears flybe took loads in 2005, not very many last year and even fewer this year. Anyone care to hazard a guess why?

sr

r44flyer
3rd Nov 2007, 18:36
Because they now source more ab-initio pilots from different schools?

Cabair used to have a monopoly on Flybe cadets, now Flybe sources from all three major FTOs, so the intake from each is lower.

Rollerboy
3rd Nov 2007, 18:52
Check out the Rumours and News Thread SAS Gear Collapse. My thoughts are only speculation but I think the reason fewer low hours guys are being taken on by Flybe is the Airline experience issue. You employ a high amount of low hour guys and gals this lowers the hrs experience of the airline.

This is one of the reasons they may jump at the chance of experienced Q400 drivers - However this may in turn be a good thing as it then allows them to recruit more low hours pilots. I don't expect Flybe to stop interviewing if anything I suppose they would like a hold pool. I suggest if you get the chance interview at the earliest oppertunity and be as immediately available as your time allows.

Roller

Maude Charlee
4th Nov 2007, 14:31
Don't anticipate Belfast as an initial base if you're joining in the next 6 months or so, as there were recently something like 13 new FOs posted, and the base is currently up to strength in that respect. Going to be a while before anybody is in a position to bid for a move out.

flyingcamel
4th Nov 2007, 15:37
Speedrestriction

I don't really understand it either. However OAT and Flybe do seem to have reached some kind of understanding now about taking more of their cadets at least to interview.