PDA

View Full Version : LR Class licence

Afterburner1
29th Oct 2007, 08:48
Hey guys,

sorry just wondering what an LR class licence actually is? Tried searching for it but can't find any thing and I'm just wondering if it's an Australian thing? :O

Cheers,

Burner :ok:

southy7700
29th Oct 2007, 09:00
Cheers Mommers

Burner :ok:

scrambler
29th Oct 2007, 09:53
AT a guess you are looking at NT or WA?

Here is the link to the WA classifications, I think most States now line up with this.

http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/licensing/yourlicence/9553.asp

For a WA licence they may also ask for an "F" endorsement, info here

http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/licensing/yourlicence/9557.asp#When_do_I_need_an_F_endorsement_on_my_licence

Lasiorhinus
29th Oct 2007, 10:35
The Heavy Vehicle licences are all on the federal system - same classes and categories in all states.

The "F" endorsement is for passenger-carrying buses. Techinically you can drive a bus without one, but never with passengers.

Afterburner1
29th Oct 2007, 11:21
Thanks very much for all of the info guys,

very much appreciated!!!

Cheers :ok:

Afterburner1
30th Oct 2007, 21:22
Sorry to revive this thread guys, but whilst on the topic of road transportation, I just have another question. I'm looking at moving to the kimberly region for work, and I'm just wondering would you require something like a 4x4 ute up that way, or is a car fine, especially if driving from the east coast? Sorry its probably a stupid question, just tryin to find out as much info as I can :O

Cheers,

Burner

OpsNormal
30th Oct 2007, 21:55
The subject of motor vehicles was covered recently (a couple of months ago).

In short. No, you do not need a 4WD unless you are going to leave the bitumen, and you can drive around (and up the middle, and from east to west) the whole country without leaving bitumen.

I have even driven half way around the country with my wife and my dog in a Mazda 121 if that makes the point any clearer.

Regards,

OpsN.;)

forgetabowdit
30th Oct 2007, 23:26
I have even driven half way around the country with my wife and my dog in a Mazda 121 if that makes the point any clearer.

Oh my...

At least the smoooth sleek lines of the 121 would minimise drag across the Barkley...