PDA

View Full Version : invited to bmi recruitment event, any help, please...?

troubleatthemill
25th Feb 2001, 17:29
hello :-)
if there are any bmi people in this forum who would give me a few leads on what is going to happen and what i should do/shouldn't do, i would be tremendously grateful...

hostie1
26th Feb 2001, 19:15
Hi there, I work for bmi but for a few years now so don't know much about the interviews they do nowadays. Any questions and I will try to answer them.

euroboy
28th Feb 2001, 12:14
I worked for BMI for over 10 years and left, about 2 years later re-applied. Interview was unprofessional, and silly. I was embarrassed I had ever worked for them.

Its over 1 day. Morning chat about BM, 2 group exercises, and a test. Maths Geography, and know a lot about the company. I then heared about the Day in the Life of a BM cabin crew (ahahah) Then names are called out and if you are lucky you go home, (unsuccessful) if unlucky you stay for a 2 to 1 interview.

Good Luck...

troubleatthemill
28th Feb 2001, 13:55
questions to kind hostie 1 et al:

*is the initial company presentation focused on corporate stuff such as organisation structure, revenue, route network, aircraft or is it more touchy-feely concerning company philosophy, ethos, etc.?*

*in the group sessions, are you asked to elaborate informally on your cv or are random subjects thrown at you? do each participant get a slot to talk in and the others listen or is it more interactive/participatory? what do they seem to be looking for in the "what are
the most important things needed to survive in a desert" bit?*

*do you remember any concrete questions from the math/geography/know-your-bm tests?*

i really appreciate any help offered :)

euroboy
1st Mar 2001, 00:31
The type of info BMI like to hear about is know a little of their history, aircraft they operate, bases, where they fly to, look into the long haul op for the future, ie most of that info on their web site.

Test wise know your capital cities, foreign currencies, and know how to convert currencies.
Also know the diffence between BM commuter going to be called BM regional and bmi.

As I said Good Luck.... Let me know how you get on. Hopefully better than I did, after your interview I will tell you about my day.
Hope this helps.

troubleatthemill
2nd Mar 2001, 14:37
euroboy, either your email is outdated or you prefer speaking in public :-) would it be possible to talk about a few recruitment things via mail, mano a mano...?

FridayNightPalma
3rd Mar 2001, 04:24
The only advice I can give you about the BMI recruitment day is not to waste your time going. If you want any more info regarding this, or about why I left the training course after day one, let me know and I will mail you...and let you know which decent airlines are recruiting at the moment.

4th Mar 2001, 21:51
FNP
Let me know please.

troubleatthemill
6th Mar 2001, 13:05
FridayNightPalma, please enlighten [email protected]...

hostie1
6th Mar 2001, 23:17
trouble I was going to let you know the low down about bmi but I was quite suspect when your 'who'brought up 'producer'. Unless you can satisfy me otherwise I won't be saying anything apart from in response to the other post I thoroughly enjoyed my training course albeit 3 years ago, and I made some great friends, who I still keep in contact. I also really enjoy my job with bmi immensly.

troubleatthemill
8th Mar 2001, 18:58
so, good people, i didn't make it. they threw me out after the morning session. and who's to say why, i thought all the seven eager young applicants in my group not the least counting myself ended up looking rather pushy and not very good at handling all the exercises in a nice and cooperative manner - apart from one guy and he made it to the second round.
but i enjoyed the video they showed about the training and found the one-to-one customer service exercises quite inspiring so i will not give up, no way!!!
1000 thanks for all your help, i've been touched by the friendliness out there, let's have some more of that :-)

euroboy
8th Mar 2001, 21:01
Lucky Escape mate.
How did you find the interview, and can you remember who interviewed you?

Have you any interviews lined up with others?
BA, Go, British European etc?

Don`t be sad....Would you really want a 8-9 hour day with allowances of just over a £1 an hour.

All the best.

[This message has been edited by euroboy (edited 08 March 2001).]

Xenia
9th Mar 2001, 01:27
troubleatthemill...
Have you send us that CV yet? Please let me know :)

------------------
*************************Happy Landings! :)

troubleatthemill
13th Mar 2001, 18:37
...i have enthusiastically bowed to the will of the warrior princess and submitted my resume to "us".
euroboy: there were three guys visiting our sorry little group, one englishman whose face i hardly remember, a scottish gentleman with dark hair (curly, methinks - he also did the company history bit), and a guy who had what i would designate as an italian accent. as to the interview i found it quite interesting, it is quite amazing how superficially the judgments have to be when there are so many people and no one-to-one sessions.
i have applications sitting around at ba and sas, hoping for an interview...