PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Air UK Interview AIRBUS fleet - 5th & 6th Nov

Baas
28th Oct 2007, 19:50
Any heads up on this interview, apparently interview in the morning
and sim the afternoon...!
I have the info as for the site below...! No info on the Airbus Fleet.
Cathay & Dragonair Information Directory, Including Interview Notes.
Any ideas will be welcome!
:ok:

Lowkoon
29th Oct 2007, 01:50
Break it down into 4 groups. They want to know about you, what you know about living in Hong Kong, what do you know about Dragonair, and know your current aircraft type intimately.

Plenty already on this site about the sim ride. Just use your own SOPS, from the company you work for now.

Prepare questions for the interviewers. You are interviewing them as potential employers as much as they are interviewing you as a potential employee.

Some suggestions.

Why are so many pilots leaving?

Am I being interviewed for a contract position or a full time position?

Why do you need contract pilots when you havent even got any aircraft on order?

What is your command pass rate? Why do you think it is so low?

What will the new ownership mean for junior pilots in Dragonair?

What are Dragonairs biggest challenges at the moment?

In fact do us a favour, post their answers to these questions here, so we all know. Communicating to the troops isnt one of their strengths.

Baas
29th Oct 2007, 07:09
I will have a detailed outline as soon as I am done with the interview!

Thanx for your reply!

:ok:

Emphysemic
29th Oct 2007, 08:39
Baas,
Don't waste any time doing study... If you have a current licence and bother turning up for the interview you'll get the job..
Things must be pretty dire where you are to want to leave to come to this outfit..
Think long and hard about it and read history of what's been going on in KA for the last 2 years.. It doesn't make great reading...
(1) No rostering agreement... 8 days off a month is about standard.
(2) Morale at an ALL time low.. Pilots have been in contract compliance for 2 years with a management who's attitude is "if you dont like it then leave"
(3) No salary increase for 7 years... I am now paid less as a Captain in British pound terms than when i joined as an FO 7 years ago..
(4) Continual attacks by management on pilots contracts..
(5) Up to 14 night stops a month in 3 star hotels (at best) in the world's most polluted cities... Lots are minimum rest.. Very little interaction between cockpit crew and cabin crew so most of the time you'll be alone or with your flying buddy unless youre both too knackered to venture out or there's just not enough time..
(6) No new aircraft orders so you'll be 5 years (at least) to a command.. Training is non existant.. You either work it out on your own or you'll drown - and they seem to love watching people drown !! KA probably has one of the highest failure rate on command courses anywhere in the world..
(7) Air pollution levels in Hong Kong for most of the year are reported as extreme.. You'll suffer from stinging red eyes and sore throats and for most of the year think your eye sight is failing because everything is viewed through a thick "haze"... Crew sickness levels here are unbelievable as is the number of people away on stress leave or other long term illnesses..
There have been 30 resignations in the last 3 months and there will be more to come in the very near future... Guys are being denied owed leave because of crew shortages.. Some are being forced to carry that leave over to next year..
Hong Kong and KA used to be a great place to live and work but that is definately in the past...
Seriously think long and hard before taking this gig... The rosy picture that is painted in the interview will in reality be blanked out by the smog upon arrival.. Be warned !!!

Australia2
31st Oct 2007, 15:14
The above is a fair assumption of the truth as it stands at he moment. And the crews are leaving at unprecedented levels
Think VERY carefully !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oz2

Whoosh1999
1st Nov 2007, 14:32
Yes KA is owned by CX. At the moment, it is more of a stepping stone to get a -400 rating although the numbers of Airbus guys leaving is increasing too. The next couple of months will be very interesting with some changes in management that happened this week.

(2) Morale at an ALL time low.. Pilots have been in contract compliance for 2 years with a management who's attitude is "if you dont like it then leave"

This is so true and now KA is starting to regret the numbers that have taken the misguided advice!

However, I disagree with the command course failure rate alluded to. Compared to CX it is good - we have some excellent trainers in KA, especially on the 330. And with all the folk leaving at present, the time to command may not be 5 years!

HKGPEK1
12th Nov 2007, 05:21
Did anyone turn up?
Any info of the rosey facade that is been erected by the interviewers?
Scotch mist?

hongkongfooey
16th Nov 2007, 23:03
Ha Ha, LOL, you KA guys crack me up :}
Try working in a circus for 38K + 5K housing/month, no upgrades...AT ALL, < 4 weeks leave, no bonus, no 13th mnth, bollocks staff travel, etc etc.

I guess at the end of the day, its all relative is'nt it :{

Coastrider26
21st Nov 2007, 02:04
HKGPEK,

This being your second post and allready stating things like this about a large group of (HKE/HKA) pilots. :=

vikena
21st Nov 2007, 11:43
Do yourselves a favour lads .

Castrate oneself , shave your fingers with an angle grinder and dip the stumps in acid before applying to dragonair

V