PDA

View Full Version : Trashed Hotel Rooms???

SPICEBOY
24th Feb 2001, 23:24
Sorry for posting this here but my company forum is off-line at the mo and I'm a might miffed about something.
Those who fly to some CIS countries might have heard stories of two crews trashing hotel rooms,resulting in decorators and carpet fitters being called.Some of these people are calling for the dismissal or suspension of those involved.Get your facts straight first!
As somebody on one of those crews I can testify that no walls,carpets or anything else was damaged or even dirtied on my trip.
Those who reckon the "guilty" ones will be in hiding for the rest of their naturals are wrong!At least four have been to see the CCM and did so as soon as these lies came to light.If anybody at this company had seen the names the hotel gave as being the culprits then they would have doubted it from the start!
Listen to both sides before you start calling for somebody's head.You know who you are.

Apologies to Sick Squid for this post but I had to get it off my chest.

------------------
Once more onto the beach dear friends!

[This message has been edited by SPICEBOY (edited 24 February 2001).]

gulf-crew
24th Feb 2001, 23:57
Bmed room parties still the same then?????

WelshCityFlyer
26th Feb 2001, 01:31
Or, as I suspect, was it Airtours crew?

Sick Squid
26th Feb 2001, 02:46
No worries Spiceboy mate! A very valid post in our line of work...

Over the years I've noticed a very simple trend to all the room parties that get out of hand/end in disciplinaries...

1/ Room Service ordered at inappropriate times, or the staff treated rudely on arrival, and...

2/ Crass lack of appreciation of the distress caused and singular failure to apologise profusely AND swipe some personal plastic on checkout if necessary.

I think it's fair to say I've been involved in a few room parties over the years that were rather boisterous and created a bit of mess (ash, trash etc. only, honest guv, and you didn't see me do it, you can't prove a thing!) but a quiet whiprounded $100 to the cleaners always worked...

No excuse for causing damage, however, but that's where the plastic-flashing would at least mitigate.

£6

[This message has been edited by Sick Squid (edited 25 February 2001).]

Birds2perches
26th Feb 2001, 14:07
Hey SPICEBOY, noticed you worked for EK and had a story to tell. DO NOT tell your story here. It's a small world. I'm absolutely positive I know you as I worked to EK too. If you now work for a BA franchise, let sleeping dogs lie mate. As for the room party, let it blow over. Nothing is more annoying when your own colleagues stand of their soap box and call for capital punishment when they've more than likely been involved in wild room parties themselves. Apart from that, deny, deny, deny. It's the crew's word against the hotels at the end of the day. Good luck xxx
:)

TightSlot
27th Feb 2001, 04:49
Hey Squid
Agreed - rude to hotac staff is always asking for trouble, however..
problem with dashing the 100 is that all the other b**ggers that trashed your room are either sleeping it off or denying responsibility at check out - leaving you with the sole responsibility for the sweetener.
Moral: Never allow your room to be used for a room party, always tip, always be polite to room service and never forget that your best friend may testify against you at your next disciplinary

airbourne
2nd Mar 2001, 07:43
.....but allow your room to be used for a private room party especially if youre working with the babe you flirted with on the trip all the way down to your destination.

bmedcabinlad
8th Mar 2001, 15:14
Wouldn't worry about it too much. As we spend so much time hanging around downroute in hotels, its obvious that, sooner or later a room is going to get damaged in some way. Wine gets spilt, ashtrays get dropped - it happens. Believe that the incident above was blown out of proportion - like someone said just deny it all.

As for Bmed parties still being the same, you try spending half your life in the CIS - Im sure a party would not go a miss with anyone?

SPICEBOY
9th Mar 2001, 05:44
Thanks to all for support and advice.Glad to know that the "chosen few" are not the only ones to suffer.

Everything sems to have died down recently but I'm sure that with a few Wide aisle,I mean ass,remarks it'll all start again.

------------------
Once more onto the beach dear friends!