PDA

View Full Version : Qantas recruiting again

The The
13th Apr 2001, 08:53
Qantas Cabin Services is again looking for Cabin Crew for Casual, Fixed Term or possible permanent Flight Attendant positions in Melbourne or Sydney over the next 12 months. Walk-in interviews will be held in April in Melbourne and in June in Sydney. Further information is available on Qantas website.

Mr Seatback 2
14th Apr 2001, 07:04
Do you mean further information regarding the position, or further info regarding the recruitment?

------------------
"I just LOVE those silver emergency slides!"

giblet
14th Apr 2001, 12:30
Found your info very interesting The The. I have recently been through the whole interview process with Qantas for casual Melbourne based position in Feb/March and have been told that I am on a "shortlist" as there were currently no positions available. Why then are Qantas advertising for more positions when there are apparently no positions currently available. Are they just collating a larger shortlist? I am starting to get a bit concerned and wondering if I have missed my opportunity. Any feedback would be REALLY appreciated. Thanks, Giblet

[This message has been edited by giblet (edited 14 April 2001).]

lara_croft
16th Apr 2001, 05:04
It seems strange that they would start the recruitment process again so soon, however what The The said is printed in "Friday Flier" which is a weekly newsletter which goes out to all Qantas staff. The shorthaul EBA is up very soon and although no one really knows much about what is happening, if we get a system similiar to Ansett, that will probably mean that more casuals are needed. So I guess anyone who is interested should keep ringing that recruitment line.

lara_croft
21st Apr 2001, 06:11
Just read in cabin crew news that Qantas is interviewing for more Casual and Fixed-Term Flight Attendants in Melbourne and Sydney. An advertisement will be published in Melbourne on 21 and 22 April and in Sydney on 2 and 3 June. It doesn't say anything about permanent full time positions being available.

Mr Seatback 2
23rd Apr 2001, 07:13
Permanent full time? WHY would they employ permanent full time, when they can pay for fixed terms at Level 1 wages, and casuals with nil entitlements??

Sadly, it's the way of the future...let's just hope the QF casuals aren't given the same level of 'treatment' as the AN casuals (god forbid!)

Me thinks they will keep casuals for as long as poss - this allows QF to weed out those who are otherwise crap f/a's (already know of it happening to 2 in the first casual group in SYD)

------------------
"I just LOVE those silver emergency slides!"

Biscuit Chucker
7th May 2001, 05:07
I am in on a six month contract from the latest round of interviews in Sydney, they initially advertised for long term casuals, but I guess the situation with Impulse changed that, we are all being offered six months contract apart from the first school that snuck in before us..