PDA

View Full Version : Ba to up pay?

cabinkitten
15th Jun 2001, 00:47
Just heard on the company grapevine that B.A. is to give all its new entrant crew a certain "London living allowance." Even more surprised to learn that this didn't equate to 1/2 a potato and a fivers worth of Marks and Spencers vouchers. Is the £1,000 x-tra quoted really going to materialize or am I still going to have to re mortgage the goldfish? Anybody know anything?

cabinkitten
16th Jun 2001, 16:33
Anybody...???

Porcupine
16th Jun 2001, 17:32
I hate to dash your hope,s,but I think you,ve got more chance of winning the lottery tonight.

Peter L
17th Jun 2001, 03:25
Kitten,
You have even less chance than the lotto!!! Do you really think that after a strike and loads of grief BA are really going to give a London (Gift) and walk ten steps backwards from its BEP???? I really doubt it.
BA have made its own life as difficult for its self as for the poor "New entrants" and new pilots that will never make the ££££ the oldies make. They are still not addressing the issue of moral etc.....I am afraid you will have to give up the gold fish not mortgage it!!!!

[This message has been edited by Peter L (edited 16 June 2001).]

cabinkitten
18th Jun 2001, 00:39
Ofcourse here on planet logic crippling strike action allied to company cost cutting says Hounslow hovel-ette, spaghetti hoops and the number 81 to work until my p45...but then B.A. isn't exactly renowned for its clarity of thought...need I say "tail fin" or "emphasis solely on premium pax"...you never know I might even be able to upgrade to a cat...