PDA

View Full Version : JAA PPL validation

Radar
27th Oct 2007, 15:05
Hi folks,

I'm planning a trip to Brisbane next year and would like to do some VFR flying while there. What is the procedure for obtaining a validation for a foreign licence ( I have both JAA and FAA)? How much, if any, of this can be completed beforehand??

Muchos gracias!

Unhinged
27th Oct 2007, 22:26
http://www.casa.gov.au/fcl/overbr.htm

Enjoy - in a head-banging-against-the-wall kind of way ! :ugh::ugh::ugh:

Islander Jock
28th Oct 2007, 06:39
Radar,
Getting a C ov V for you licence will be the easy bit. What CASA won't tell you is that you will also probably need an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC). The test as to whether or not you will need a card is to ask yourself will you be operating from or landing at another Security Controlled Aiport? Just try and find an airport that sells avgas that is NOT secuity controlled.

Unless they have lifted their game, DO NOT apply for your ASIC through CASA. They take forever to process and get them back to you.

Radar
28th Oct 2007, 08:26
Jock, unhinged,
Thanks a million for the info and the advice. Masochist and all that I am, having looked at the CASA website, I think I'll pass. The visit is just for a week so I'll skip the aviating (at least solo) and take up residence on the beach...... by the bar :p:p:p
Thanks again guys.