PDA

View Full Version : easyjet

Beryl Board
13th Jun 2001, 23:39
anyone out there working for easyjet? just wanted to know what they were like to work for and what the cabin crew management was like.
cheers

700 Girt Bar
16th Jun 2001, 06:17
they are the best kept secret in the aviation industry!!!!! No hot towels, no newspapers, no hanging of jackets, no meal service. Multi sector days are regularly on rosters but with short turnarounds you can do 5 sectors in an 8 hour day. Management seem ok and the crews are friendly. Hope this helps.

Orangewing
18th Jun 2001, 18:15
Management O.K ?????? Crews friendly ??????
We obviously don't work for the same airline,eh Girtie?? Either that or you've overdosed on that b****y Orange Juice!
(or perhaps you are management and therefore have absolutely no idea what it is like "on the line")

chilled
18th Jun 2001, 20:27
Hi Orangewing,

Sorry to hear that you are so unhappy at easyJet. I work online and find 99.5% of the crews great to work with. Guess if you don't like it that much you'll be leaving soon? :rolleyes:

I think easyJet is a great airline to work for. Quick promotion, good pay and great people. I have had many jobs, but none where I have always been happy to go to work everyday, until now that is! :)

happy flying all!

twinjet
18th Jun 2001, 23:23
chilled, glad you enjoy orange life but I am inclined to agree with orangewing on this one. If a few things could be sorted out it could be one of the best airlines just like Southwest.

Beryl, before you decide to join, ask at the interview about rosters and commission as these seem to be the issues affecting crew at the moment. Plus side is quick promotion to purser and if you have come from a quality airline , you will stand out from the crowd here and be promoted pdq

700 Girt Bar
19th Jun 2001, 05:10
Orangewing you have shattered my illusions. i was hoping you were going to ask me out for a drink some day soon but maybe not. I don't think i am management, but as you can't distinguish between a size 10 and 16 (sure sectorbabe will agree) then who knows what i am. I am sure you are orange through and through, maybe you are even our leader in disguise!!!..

btw, i thought this was a cabin crew forum not flight deck!!

700 Girt Bar
19th Jun 2001, 13:16
Joking apart (me and orangewing are a marriage made in heaven) - Beryl all airlines have their good and bad. If you want to ask me anything then please contact me - my email is in my profile.

Orangewing
20th Jun 2001, 11:30
Beryl - Easy (!) cabin crew do have it easy.No service,no meals etc.. they have **** all to do on a sector,especially a long one.Hell,they don't even have to be polite to pax! So if you are after a job where you don't have to work to hard,then sign up!!

Girtie - Every time I make comments about cabin crew sticking their noses in on Pilot forums,I get shouted at and have abuse thrown at me (bit like at work),so I shall Refrain from commenting!!
So when we going for that drink??? :)

700 Girt Bar
20th Jun 2001, 14:18
Beryl ignore Orangewing - easy jet cabin crew are the nicest in the industry and even the flight deck are friendly and one or two of them have been known to come out and make the tea!!!! As for the drink Orangewing, let me know when and I will be there, but not the flying club please!!!! I do nothing less than the Ritz!!

euroboy
21st Jun 2001, 11:25
Hey well there you have it....."dont have to be polite to the paxs..."
Oh I forgot they help pay my salary.....
You Easy crews getting that Bar commission yet?

700 Girt Bar
21st Jun 2001, 12:47
Some of us are getting it Euroboy!!

euroboy
22nd Jun 2001, 02:39
Pleased your getting your Bar Commission at last. Was it back dated?

http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

Orangewing
23rd Jun 2001, 04:24
You getting it then,girtie? You shattered my illusions,I thought we were going for a drink and then onwards and upwards!!!!!
Obviously don't want a young (28) F/O to settle down with.Gutted.:

SectorBabe
23rd Jun 2001, 17:14
Orangewing - have noticed that you have not replied to me on JetBlast... Figured out who I am yet?????
It does seem quite unfair to say that we do sod all on a sector, as I've recently completed a gla/bcn and spent the entire 10hrs on my feet as we were full on all four sectors coupled along with stag nights, hen nights and birthdays! Could not feel my feet for days as they were numb with the pain!!!
However, there are days at work where, granted, we have it very easy!! It is all part of the job - good times with the bad!
We could say the same about you guys, that you have the pleasure of sitting on your backsides all day, but most of us are realistic to know that you work hard to get us on the ground safely. (Notice in the bar at the end of the day that all the cabin crew want to do is sit and all the pilots want to do is stand????) :) :) :)

700 - Please go the flying club, I will be honoured to buy you and orangewing a drink!!!!!!!!!! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

Beryl - Easyjet is fun. As Girt bar said, it has it good points and bad. Good ones are that the entire crew are great fun, pay and promotion are very reasonable and if you can bare to wear orange, well then, all the better!!
It does feel that management sometimes let you down, but the less you have to do with them, the better. Rosters are also becoming more stable, and the nightstops are reappearing.

Basically it is like marmite - You'll either love it or hate it!!

------------------
Remember where your tea & coffee comes from...!!!

700 Girt Bar
26th Jun 2001, 01:51
hey sectorbabe how are you? just got back from a 17 sector trip but quite refreshed as i did absolutely nothing!!!!!!! so orangewing you are only 28, mmmmm like the sound of that!!! so beryl are you going to join us then?

SectorBabe
26th Jun 2001, 19:58
700, Just done a 15hr 45min split duty in GLA!!! YC was a little bit poorly and wanted to spend the day in GLA - Quite pooped to honest! How did you manage to do nothing on that trip? (Don't say it too loud as the beautiful orangewing may think his statement earlier was true...!!) Where did you end up going to for 17 sectors???

Beryl - come and play with us! Be mad like we all are!!

700 Girt Bar
26th Jun 2001, 23:54
Sectorbabe, did you not detect the hint of sarcasm in my voice!!!! It was for orangewings benefit but seems like he isn't listening yet again. The 17 sector was a 4 day trip with 3 nights in Edi. Had a good time but feeling bloody knackered. Have we shocked Beryl do you think or is she busy filling out her application form?

Orangewing
27th Jun 2001, 00:29
Now,now,ladies,no need to get snotty about a mere Pilot!! Sectorbabe,I now know exactly who you are,and I have had the pleasure of flying with you many times!!And now I know you are not a size 16.My apologies.Not sure about Girtie,though!Beryl,if you are up for a larf then join up...I am about to embark on a 3 day trip with a VERY boring crew,so not much chance for a few beers and swopping funny stories!
Girtie,I'd love to know how old you are,and what about that ******* drink!(not the flying club,more Billies or Quaglino's!)
Now don't work too hard!(more sarcasm,sectorbabe!) :) :)

pinkelephant
27th Jun 2001, 00:48
Some of us enjoy what we do. Beware as some of us talk so much ***** it's untrue. If ever you get a chance to see the EZ bulletin board you'll know what I mean.
If you want to go to work, have fun, work with great people, have a sense of humour etc then come and join us. Show me a job where everything is perfect, people who usually slag or bitch about their work in my experience need to move on...Fast!
A lot of people have done very well out of EZ. Beryl, come and see for yourself

SectorBabe
27th Jun 2001, 01:18
Orangewing - Apology completely accepted!!! Now all we need to do is convince eezypilot...!!! Glad to see that flying with me is a pleasure!! Next time you bump into me, say Hi! You never know, I might be kind enough to make you plentiful hot drinks..!!(Yes, I am THAT kind and loving..!!) :) :) In regard to your trip, drink beer anyway and tell all the funny stories to yourself!! Typical that you always get the great crew on a single AMS or something!!

700, was it the constant noise of the seals http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif in the zoo in EDI that kept you awake, hence you being so cream crackered??!!"

I think the ink is now drying on Beryls application form.....Welcome to the mad house - You'll love it!!

------------------

700 Girt Bar
27th Jun 2001, 01:32
Orangewing i am the hostess with the mostest - i am over 20 and under 75 so that gives you plenty of scope!!!! Sectorbabe it wasn't the seals that kept me awake, more the cries of passion from the room next door - maybe orangewing was at the hotel!!!!

SectorBabe
27th Jun 2001, 14:06
ooo er, missus...!!! What a thought!!

------------------