PDA

View Full Version : japanese immigration

barrheadboy
27th Oct 2007, 09:16
just watched the bbc program fastrack and seen that japanese immigration are going to require that you be finger printed and your eyes photograghed as in usa also a quick interview regarding your intentions in the country refusal will mean no entry.

Eboy
27th Oct 2007, 11:20
I assume that will mean an increase in what now can be up to an hour waiting in the immigration queue at Narita.

radeng
28th Oct 2007, 07:03
Another country to avoid visiting then. Still, the yen is pretty strong, so they don't need our pounds.

strake
28th Oct 2007, 12:51
If the USA implements the procedeure, "No problemo dude...".

If anyone else does the same however, it's outrageous.

In eight years of travelling there, I have found Narita to have one of the most friendly and efficient immigration/customs teams. I have never waited longer than five minutes either in or out.

Surely, they have every right to protect their borders as they see fit?

42ongo
30th Oct 2007, 20:49
As far a T1 goes It was a bit of a shambles at NRT T1 when the star carriers from T2 were moved to T1 but they ve got it together now and it works well
I waited 5 mins 2 weeks ago and I don t expect to be waiting any longer this week either

11K-AVML
30th Oct 2007, 22:59
Took me 20 minutes on the way out back in May 2007. I didn't think I'd make my flight.

Load Toad
31st Oct 2007, 05:13
Should have got to the airport earlier then. 20 minutes isn't long at most places these days.

I have found japanese immigration to be courteous and pretty swift - but if a few planes have landed at the same time - like most places it takes a while.

10secondsurvey
31st Oct 2007, 09:17
The world has gone mad. I was recently asked if I objected to being photographed in order to rent a DVD from a local rental shop!!

Have to say, my most recent experience at Kansai, was pretty good.

I'm just not keen on all these people keeping all this data on me.

George Orwell really was completely correct in his expectations on the mis-use of technology, ostensibly to 'protect' us, in the book 1984.

Load Toad
31st Oct 2007, 11:19
..and I might add that it is worse because we happily pay for the privilege with our phones with GPS and the amount of data we have to give to banks etc.