PDA

View Full Version : Air Service, in Gabon

Alnilam
27th Oct 2007, 07:21
Hello again.

Please any information about company would be perfect!!!
nobody replied me on my first post.

Thank you

madherb
27th Oct 2007, 07:41
http://www.airservice.aero (http://www.airservice.aero/)

Alnilam
27th Oct 2007, 15:31
Thanks marheb
I knew the webpage but I'm really interested about how is going the company and how is life in Gabon, cost of living, manteinance of the company,..etc.
Anyway thanks for your answer.

regards

Elmer_mt
27th Oct 2007, 15:45
I've flown in West Africa, been in Gabon for about a year or so. People are french speaking...English will do good only for a while.. you have to speak french (a little), to be understood in most cases a pocketbook (french-english) will help you most. The airline is fairly good I guess, compared to the others (Air Max Gabon, Nationale Airways Gabon etc.). But if you're not from Africa I guess..its gonna be a little bit hard to understand the "culture". As they say Africa is for the "Intrepid".
But the finest thing about it in Gabon are the beaches...you'll kinda enjoy being there once you're settle for about a month or so.. Women are quite friendly...so have a nice time...missed those days...

elmer_mt

Alnilam
27th Oct 2007, 17:15
Thanks Elmer, only one more question about Malaria and profilaxis,
how did you manage? and how high or low is the risk is Gabon.

thank you

Mr Lover
28th Oct 2007, 08:44
Hi there,

use to fly for them couple years ago.... at that time maintenance was done by canadian and was excellent... don t know now....

Director was a two faces guy.... pay was always late sometime more than 3 weeks ... and contract was a piece of joke...

Good things about Gabon is life in general, nightlife, restaurant and of course beaches. Driving is unsafe (even crossing the street is a nightmare..).

Will help a lot if you speak and understand a bit of french. Malaria is a very serious threat there, heard that more western people die from malaria than in a car accident...hum I guess you need to take some medecine.

If you go there try to get 2 or 3 months pay in advance... and let me know how it is now.

good luck:*