PDA

View Full Version : DHL/EAT Brussels interview, need INFO!!!

Morton Harket
26th Oct 2007, 22:27
Hi Folks,

I am about to attend an interview at EAT for F/O position in the next days. Cause there is only very few info concerning this assessment within the web, I'd like to request you to post here some info that may help me.

They said, there are psychotechnical tests followed by an interview. If positive, SIM screening takes place next day.

I would find it very helpful to get some info about:

-What is included within this tests?
-What is asked in the interview(other than general interview stuff)?
-What is the program within the Sim session for a non-rated pilot?

Also interested in info concerning atmosphere within the company, roster, payscale, pay during training.

Knowing, that working conditions at EAT have been discussed controversely in the past, what do you think about joining and working for EAT these days?

Thank you all very much in advance for your replies, any tip and info is highly appreciated.

-Morton

latetonite
27th Oct 2007, 01:39
I think they want to check YOUR knowledge, not ours...:p

Min Drag
27th Oct 2007, 20:56
Latetonite, why do people like you have to be obstructive and offensive when someone asks a reasonable question? :ugh:
Morton, I can't tell you about the interview, T's & C's etc but working closely alongside them I do know that morale is not good and that many have left

latetonite
27th Oct 2007, 21:24
Min Drag. I was trying to be a bit humoristic. No offence to the original poster. That you call me an rshole after a reasonable ten word sentence, hints me it is not only your drag that is at minimum.
End of this discussion. Fly safe.

Lemper
29th Oct 2007, 08:02
A candid kid asks a candid question, and right on, two "seniors" start biting off each other noses. Nice!
Morton, i have some friends in DHL who are applying in TNT, coz the general atmosphere there is way better.

KwikFly
30th Oct 2007, 12:34
Morton, don't worry about the interview. All they want to hear is that you won't leave as soon as you find something better (a real headache for them).
The sim ride is in the A300 or B757 simulator; a bit of general flying and an ils app raw data, and a 1eng out approach. Make sure you trim the rudder. Good luck!

euroflyer
30th Oct 2007, 17:15
Better atmosphere at TNT?:ugh:
Yeah right! That's why the chief pilot, head of training and other senior pilots resigned recently...
The atmosphere is certainely not better!

Lemper
31st Oct 2007, 13:23
Euroflyer, are you flying for TNT, that you seems so sure of what you say?

Clarence Oveur
31st Oct 2007, 13:39
Euroflyer, you strike me as a contrarian-glass-is-half-full-wet-behind-the-ears-not-working-for-TNT kind of guy.

Nobody has gone from TNT to DHL. It's all one-way traffic in the other direction. That should tell you something.

euroflyer
31st Oct 2007, 14:16
Call me what you want, it seems some people can never accept certain facts...but if TNT senior management pilots resigned recently then I am sure things at TNT are not that great...and certainely not better than at DHL
But if I had to choose between the two, I know who it would be!

Clarence Oveur
31st Oct 2007, 15:18
...it seems some people can never accept certain facts...Quite!

It would seem that all you know is that certain people have resigned. They have not resigned from the company, but from the management positions they held. I doubt very much you have any idea of the motives behind these resignations, yet you do seem to make certain assumptions as to why.

From these assumptions you concluded that things at TNT "are not that great" and are "certainely not better than at DHL". Well, that certainly comes across as an admission, that things are far from dandy at DHL.

Your knee-jerk defence of your company is quite sweet, albeit somewhat naive. If it was based on anything other than assumptions, it might even have been worth listening to.

Lemper
1st Nov 2007, 04:27
I just enquired about those resignations, from first hand.
D.O, TRG. MGR, chief pilots 747 and 737, gave six months notice of resignation from their function in order to go back and enjoy the line flying after having served a term they deem long enough. They keep their TRI/TRE status and functions and will assist and support the people replacing them.
Bad atmosphere hey!

euroflyer
1st Nov 2007, 10:01
Obviously all proud of working for TNT, good for you, who wouldn't protect his current airline...
I do not work for either company but have in the past and have many friends flying for both airlines, so I stay in touch with what's going on.
Stating pilots are leaving from DHL to TNT does not reflect the current situation as in the last 3 years I only can count 3 or 4 who have.
In any case, some people are very happy at DHL too so I wouldn't make such an assumption.
Happy flying

Lemper
1st Nov 2007, 19:23
...I do not work for either company but have in the past and have many friends flying for both airlines,....
:hmm:Maybe they want to make sure you do not join their airline....:yuk:

euroflyer
1st Nov 2007, 22:03
I just enquired about those resignations, from first hand.
D.O, TRG. MGR, chief pilots 747 and 737, gave six months notice of resignation from their function in order to go back and enjoy the line flying after having served a term they deem long enough. They keep their TRI/TRE status and functions and will assist and support the people replacing them.
Yeah, did they also tell that it was with a major 747 airline based in HKG offering jobs based in europe. Guess who?
Lemper, open your eyes mate and stop dreaming.
For info, was approached by your airline but politely declined the below average european package!

Lemper
2nd Nov 2007, 02:41
Good for you, and probably good for them too!

Clarence Oveur
2nd Nov 2007, 10:03
...was approached by your airline...I am curious. Why would TNT approach someone with 3 years of experience, when there are people much more experienced sending applications?

Anyhow, it's more than 4 who have left DHL for TNT. I do not include those who applied and where evaluated in that number.

I'll leave you to speculate as to how many that would be, as speculating seems to be your thing.

euroflyer
2nd Nov 2007, 15:09
Yes, I hear they employ lots of ab-initios...:bored:
I didn't have time to count the exact number in the last few years but it certainely isn't a lot.
This is getting boring...:zzz:

Clarence Oveur
2nd Nov 2007, 15:25
This is getting boring..Certainly is. If you had anything constructive to contribute, you would have informed Morton Harket of what he asked, instead you chose to dump on a company you know nothing about.

haltonapp
2nd Nov 2007, 16:26
There is a measure of distrust of the management at EAT, the lack of information as to the effects of the move to LEJ being the major cause of discontent. They must have a plan however they seem reluctant to tell us! Nearly all the people who have left EAT for TNT have been French speakers, and EAT is a Flemish company in Flanders, and TNT ain't! TNT certainly does not have the route variety and for a low hours F/O the flying hours will not increase at the same rate. Pays your money and take your chance! Ultimately, it would appear that the response of the Belgian government to the complaints from the airlines that their "social" costs are too high and so cannot afford to pay the going "rate" and retain their workforce may have an influence on pay.

Everyone, in every airline, have a moan about their management, I sometimes wonder what makes all airline management appear so bad, perhaps they just hate aircrew!!

zerograv
16th Nov 2007, 13:21
Morton

Wondering if you wouldn't mind providing the kind of info you were initially looking for, that is, what was/involved your assessment and have you had any feedback from it?

Cheers,
Zero

FliegerTiger
19th Nov 2007, 05:30
Can anybody enlighten me as to whether the 8 days on with EAT are done as a "tour", or are you generally back in Brussels or Leipzig every night? Just thinking of how it would work out commuting to Leipzig.

Cheers

FT

sapco2
19th Nov 2007, 07:06
Sorry I don't know answer your question Flieger Tiger and I guess this may sound like a strange kind of return question given that LEJ is DHL's super-hub!

I'm just curious to know; have EAT interviewed you already, and if so, are they asking you to accept a Leipzig based contract, or is it going to be a BRU contract which gives you the option to self commute to LEJ?

To clarify this point could help you to elicit some useful answers from those who actually work for EAT!

FliegerTiger
19th Nov 2007, 07:17
Sapco,

No I haven't even applied yet, just wanting info. If it's not commutable, I won't apply.

Cheers

FT

Hogg
19th Nov 2007, 08:51
FT
Im sure you will be able to commute to/from Lej depending on your location, I did hear from a german higher authority that it will be possible to do 6 on/4 off, 7 on 5 off, or 9 on 8 off..........but who knows?
I know of someone(s) who couldnt apply for the fulltime job as the server doesnt accept any higher than 2Mb on attachments. JAA licence page is 4.6mb reduced because of the background crap on the page! They Tryed talking to HR. "u must apply online"! tell em the problem. "u must apply online"
:ugh::ugh::ugh:

alatnariver
19th Nov 2007, 09:42
Why do you need the "background crap" on a scan for a CV?

Well my fifty cents: Just reduce the quality as longa as the significant information remains displayed, means all data, a seal and so on. I am sure this will be sufficient for the initial screening of any application. I am sure if a company is interested they will invite someone regardless if the antifraud features of a license or passport are visible on a scan or copy or not.

Any company wants to see your original license anyway during the interview process.

neil armstrong
19th Nov 2007, 11:10
There seems to be a problem with basing people in LEJ and it looks like everybody will be BRU based!
this doesnt mean that you cant live in LEJ offcourse or for that wherever you want in Europe.

Neil

zerograv
19th Nov 2007, 11:27
4.6mb??

Think you friend tried to save the file in colour. Try to do it "Black and White" and that will reduce the size of the file considerably. Also, most likely he will be doing it in an A4 size scanner. If the licence size is smaller than A4, he can cut the the scanned area to fit just the size of the licence, hence, reducing the size of the file.
Also, as Alatnariver mentions, reducing the quality of the scan reduces the size of the file (if 300 dpi works out in a heavy file, try 200 dpi or 150 dpi, etc)

"Trial and error" is the name of the game.

Best of luck,
Zero

Best foot forward
19th Nov 2007, 13:27
Aren't they renegotiating the FTL and the 8/6 might have to go.

haltonapp
19th Nov 2007, 16:22
At the moment no negotiation from the company, take 7/7 with increase of duty time above EASA FTL, or else no fixed roster!!

We wait to see.

747flyby
22nd Nov 2007, 19:14
http://www.atwonline.com/news/story.html?storyID=10288

http://www.atwonline.com/news/story.html?storyID=9366

http://www.atwonline.com/news/archive/index.html?issue=nov0804

When reading all above.
Will LH Cargo & DHL merge into one company with one seniority list og will there still be LH Cargo + DHL + JV airlines?

Im interesting to hear from my colleques working for the companies above, how to apply and what the requriements are. Is it absolute requirement to speak german with LH Cargo?

What is the pay conditions pension perdiem and so on. What is the time off?

Any info appreciated.

fingal flyer
22nd Nov 2007, 20:40
Heard this week that the EAT crew rejected the 7/7.

me109
24th Nov 2007, 15:03
Hi all ,

Just wondering , as a type rated 757 , and currently flying FO , what is the competitive salary that DHL / EAT propose on the careers section of their website .
Any info would be appreciated .:confused:

boeingbus2002
24th Nov 2007, 17:06
Its been almost a month since the initial recruitment campaign began. Has anyone received any news, good or bad from them?

I have only received an acknowledgement at the start and nothing else since.

DHC6to8
25th Nov 2007, 08:53
Hi guy... I applied the day I saw the advert in Flight Intl... I meet the requirements for a DEC... so I applied.... half way through doing the online application the standby call came in and I had to split... so I logged out of the site and thought I can finish entering in the data later. When I got back home I found three emails in my inbox informing me that I did not complete the entire online application etc etc :}. The email was rather rude to say the least, or to be fair... written by somebody with a very poor command of the English language! :ugh:I wrote back explaining that I would complete the form, and that I had been called and could not complete the online application in one sitting.... the HR person wrote me back saying that once I was done, I would get an email within 5 weeks max with either a PFO, or PDC (please do come).... well after 6 weeks I decided to log back into the online application and see if they wrote anything... guess what I found: "application unsuccessful"... weeell go figure??:=
No hard feelings.... but after speaking with one of their training captains in LEJ a few months ago on the ramp... and being told to apply "we are so short of guys" etc etc.... it is a strange world out there sometimes eh?
Naturally a bit disappointed...:{:E
6to8

Airbus_a321
25th Nov 2007, 10:15
I can confirm this DHL/EAT application "procedure" :ugh:
Once the "application unsuccessful" appears on the website for reasons e.g. see above, or other stupid reasons (e.g. or they didn't receive the requested documents, although it looks like that this might be their internal "data capacity" problem), no new chance to complete the online application again. It's blocked.:{
Well, if they don't want . . leave them. :8

747flyby
29th Nov 2007, 08:22
They are still looking. No wonder when their online applications system dosent work.

http://www.flightglobal.com/jobs/search/searchresults.aspx?p=4&s=rel&r=All&q=

http://www.flightglobal.com/jobs/search/searchresults.aspx?p=5&s=rel&r=All&q=

boeingbus2002
29th Nov 2007, 11:25
Surely someone has heard from them directly. At least in invitation for interview?

I applied for the Ab-initio level FO.

flyingcamel
29th Nov 2007, 12:51
Not a sausage mate, I applied ages ago and haven't had anything back since the confirmation email. Never mind, got something else instead.

junglie-driver
5th Dec 2007, 21:38
Good evening all DHL aircrew - just wondering how you have found working nights whilst bouncing around Europe.

Does it cause many problems with family life when try to re-sync your body clocks. Second question..whilst away down route, do you have any time to yourselves or are you continuously shattered? Final question. Are the present rosters 8 on - 5 off, or is there scope for changing due to lifestyles?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. JD

AN72
10th Dec 2007, 07:00
HI FOLKS!!!Somebody managed to be filled and sent completely filled CV by on-line? I tried also it, it is impossible

Extra330L
10th Dec 2007, 08:45
worked fine for me!
sent my application two weeks ago.

regards

Extra330L
10th Dec 2007, 08:49
Any info regarding the interview???
Morton, did you get any information?

I've got an interview and would also like to know what kind of questions they ask?

Info most welcome!

regards