PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus

theunknown
7th Jan 2001, 19:52
Does anybody know if there is a LHR Aer Lingus base? If so, how do i apply? What are they like to work for?

airpoint
21st Jan 2001, 16:40
Sorry for the delay in this post theunknow must have missed it.
Yes they do ,it a small base with about 50 cabin crew you do mostly DUB ,SNN or ORK and
you either do earlies or lates with usualy just 4 sectors a day there are no overnights from this base,they are looking for more cabin crew at the moment ,you just have to write to Personnel and Employment @ Aer Lingus, Dublin Airport, Ireland .They do train groups to go over to LHR base .You get paid a disturbance allowances to go LHR base which is alright especially if you live there anyway.They are all right to work for we do have good conditions which we are fighting hard to keep ,pay is not the best but it is being looked at ,(we could be out on strike next week if we don't get the money and conditions we are fighting for i'll keep u all informed about this next week as intresting times ahead!!)If you want any more info just say so.
Airpoint. :)

[This message has been edited by airpoint (edited 21 January 2001).]

[This message has been edited by airpoint (edited 21 January 2001).]

flyblue
21st Jan 2001, 19:19
airpoint, I am sure what you say is right, but a friend of mine just emailed them and was answered that they are not recruiting at the moment. The website says the same.
How can she get more info? Where did you get yours?
Thank you.

airpoint
21st Jan 2001, 20:26
Flyblue,
They may say that, but ask for an applacation form to be sent to you fill it out and return it to them it may take some time for a response but they will keep you on record and if they won't send one for you I'll send one to you ,as for the web site it's useless for up to date info .
In the last 3 years cabin crew numbers have grown from 700 to almost 1800 in Aer lingus they are finding it increasingly difficult to find suitable people so they are now looking else were and are having more walk in interviews , they hope to have 2000+ cabin crew in the not to distant future .
There will be more add's in the papers in the next few months I will let you know when they appear or are about to appear . ;)
Airpoint :)

flyblue
22nd Jan 2001, 02:23
Thank you very much airpoint, very kind of you. I will contact you via email.
Flyblue