PDA

View Full Version : Ops-Private Aviation

opsguyaustralia
26th Oct 2007, 21:00
Gidday, Im currently working as an OPS guy at a Medium Size Private Aviation company in Australia, Im looking at heading off overseas maybe next year, I would like to work in the Ops/Cabin Crew area with a Private Jet Company like Netjets, Marquis Jet Etc. I have extensive Sales/5 Star Hotel exp and of course Ops exp. Whats the best way to tackle the applications and get in the door?? Happy to move to anywhere where its hot! Cheers

Toxic Thrust
27th Oct 2007, 13:08
Well England in particular offers a thriving business aviation community to gain further experience and maybe go on to flying. The advantages here are that I would think it would be relatively easy for someone from Oz to slot into companies with no language barriers..... its not too hot here though ;)

Netjets operational headquarters is in Lisbon in Portugal which is certainly hotter and offers opportunity for all nationalities.

As a whole UK and Europe has some very large players in executive aircraft management and operations. It is a different world to things down under. Many management companies are operating dozens of aircraft rangeing in size from small jets to larger birds. netjets Europs have at least 130 aircraft. Jet Alliance operate about 30+ Jet Aviation and TAG equally loads of big metal

Here are some of the larger players in the field Europe wide:

Netjets Europe: Lisbon

Jet Aviation: Zurich

Jet Alliance: Vienna I believe

Bombardier Skyjet: Farnborough UK

TAG Aviation: Farnborough UK, Geneva and various locations

Signature Flight Support: London Luton, Paris Le Bourget and various locations

Privatair: Geneva

Flying Group/Flying Partners: Belgium

Gama Aviation: Farnborough UK

Execujet

Air Partner: London

Get looking on the internet at some of those names and see where it leads you. Good luck!

followthemarshaller
27th Oct 2007, 22:16
Yeh mate, good luck. Just why you would want to leave Oz I dont know. Dont come to Northern Ireland whatever you do. Hot is not a word we know, unless you are talking about a young lassie. Wet we do know. Every flippin day :)