PDA

View Full Version : Safety concern

BRUpax
6th Jan 2001, 02:19
On three of my last four A319 flights with BA I noted that the video screens remained in their extended position once during landing; once during take-off and once both for take-off and landing. Is there a specific company policy regarding this? Only it occured to me that, in the event of a rapid emergency evacuation, passengers sitting in the middle seat directly under the screens could cause themselves potentially serious head injuries in their haste to get up and go. Just an observation which I'd like to share with you in the interest of safety.

euroboy
6th Jan 2001, 04:28
I fly on the A319 and there is no problem with the video screens being extended on take off or landing; as they are touch sensitive they automatically retract if knocked. They are left down so you can see the flight info, ie speed on take off/landing etc. for general pax interest.

[This message has been edited by euroboy (edited 06 January 2001).]

BRUpax
6th Jan 2001, 18:11
Thank you for your reply. Of course this now begs the question why do some crews retract them (same company)?

Next Generation PSR
10th Jan 2001, 17:40
hmmm, not sure if that comply's with CAA regs, I know we have to retract ours for take off and landing.

airforcenone
16th Jan 2001, 00:28
There's apparently no requirement to retract them on landing ... I checked the other week coincidentally.

PS: Have you noticed the looks pax give when you leave the flight deck, look at the screen, scratch your head and go back in again ....