PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Interviews

MissShagwell
22nd Feb 2001, 08:06
Hi All,

I have a Qantas Interview on Saturday 24th at 1300. Just wondering if there are going to be any other Ppruners there at this time and also if anyone has any info on exactly what happens. I have heard that you have approximately 5 minutes in which to sell yourself. Is this true?? All replies would be most appreciated.

Ciao for now,

Shaggy. :)

Cart_tart
22nd Feb 2001, 11:42
Hi there Shaggy!
I got one at 1400.
Are you nervous??
I am!

cabinboy
23rd Feb 2001, 05:50
I am pretty sure the height and weight is checked first....then you move on to the next room or next waiting area and then called in one at a time ( several people doing 1 on 1's at the same time ), 5 min where they ask you random questions from their list and peruse your resume. Then thats it, you will hear from them or be told you have a 2nd interview on the day.

Good Luck

Cabinboy

------------------
I don't mind flying. I always pass out before the plane leaves the ground — Naomi Campbell, supermodel.

Cart_tart
23rd Feb 2001, 11:12
Height and weight checked?? Hmmmm.
I honestly don't know that they'd be allowed to do that. They could be considered discriminatory if they knock someone back on the basis of height/weight ratio. Maybe height but weight I'm not so sure about. They didn't check last time. They check all that when you do your medical anyway. However I am quite possibly wrong & they are checking this time. I guess I'll find out tomorrow arvo!!!

chilled
23rd Feb 2001, 19:59
Hi Shaggy and Cart_Tart

good luck with the interviews, I'm sure you'll both do fine.

As for the being weighed bit, I think you will find that they can and will weigh you. Every airline I have worked for has done this at the initial stage.

Once again good luck.

happy flying all

cabinboy
24th Feb 2001, 05:25
cart-tart...now that i think aboutit i can't actually remember if i did get weighed in the first round...i know my height was definetley checked...but now that you have said that i am thinking otherwise....hmmmmm ?

sorry for the misinformation ! :)

Cart_tart
24th Feb 2001, 05:34
they check your height not weight. weight is checked in the medical stage.

Tomb Raider
24th Feb 2001, 06:15
Have been to several interviews in UK (not sure about Qantas)but have been weighed and measured in all the initial interviews.
And weighed AGAIN in the medical,in conjunction with several other q's about drinking,smoking etc,etc.(Can't believe i ever got in to be honest!)