PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Airways Scam

otroyo
26th Oct 2007, 13:23
Have you heard the lastest flying scam? Eastern Airways offered cadetships to pilots, with promises and written confirmations, that Eastern Airways would pay for type ratings as long as successful cadets maintained "satisfactory levels". Pilot cadets needed 150 hours and ground exams all passed. They HAD to train full time with the most expensive training school in the country, which was recommended by Eastern Airways. Reality is these cadets have paid a fortune for CPL and IR training, have given up jobs, homes etc and are now left high and dry by changes in Eastern Airways management. Be ware out there!

MIKECR
26th Oct 2007, 14:42
I think this is old news otroyo. If you are referring to last years 'scheme' with Triple A then I believe this subject has already been covered. As a slight aside, I dont thnk there was ever a 'guarantee' of employment on completion of CPL/IR training. Just like any other job, you aint got it until you've signed and sealed your contract.

Wee Weasley Welshman
26th Oct 2007, 15:09
Indeed you shouldn't be calling anything a scam unless you know it to be true to the satisfaction of a court.

These sorts of deals have been around for a long time. The small print usually allows the airline to walk away and the Wannabe to bear the risk and the costs.

People's failure to read smallprint and their bitterness at having their dreams fail is all part of the business I am afraid.

Though I deplore the exploitation of Wannabes.

MIKECR
26th Oct 2007, 15:22
I think the wording of the offer from Eastern was 'in principle'.

Cactus99
26th Oct 2007, 17:08
"and are now left high and dry by changes in Eastern Airways management. Be ware out there!"

Hmmm, not sure what you mean. Care to elaborate on your statement?

Agree with WWW, think you'll find the finer details of the scheme in the small print.:ok:

JB007
26th Oct 2007, 17:44
Have to agree with the above guys, a "Scam" is wide of the mark, please be aware of what your getting yourself into. This level of exploitation is appaulling.

hate to sound like a stuck record, but I have first hand experience of Triple 'A' Flying and I can't stress this enough, AVOID, at all cost! Emphasis here is on cost i.e value for money.

mickeyp
26th Oct 2007, 18:31
Can anyone post further info on this scheme as there seems to have been some bad feeling in the info ive managed to locate

my own research shows eastern and aaa are running a scheme to supply 12 pilots 'in principle' to the airline is this the same scheme? or another one? ive found info on both triple a website and bristol gs website i wasnt able to find anything on eastern airways website

mike cr if it last years news and been covered can you point me in the direction of the info? surely aaa or eastern website would be the most up to date info? the stuff on aaa website doesnt suggest the scheme was last years only? id be interested to see where ive missed with my search!!!! post a link if possible

How long is the scheme for? Indeed is it still running as advertised on aaa website?

have aaa supplied the 12 cadets to eastern as suggested? or are there still vacancies?

have i missed something but arent rough costs for training advertised on the schools website? surely students getting involved would have done their research about costs etc surely it is sensible to include extra funds for those inevitable off days. aaa's website prices dont compare too badly with other schools

why the big fuss about proving things in court (reference the use of the word 'scam' previously used in this thread)? whats that got to do with flight training?

perhaps I need to be more thorough with my research in future

an interesting thread all the same, i am interested as I was hoping to apply for this

MIKECR
26th Oct 2007, 19:13
mickey,

I dont think the 'scheme' is running any more, I might be wrong however. Your best bet would be to contact Triple A direct and ask. The basics however are that you need to have completed(or near as damn it) your ATPL subjetcs and have the minimum hours ready to start the CPL and IR modules. If succesful at interview with Eastern then you may be offered an FO place, as long as the CPL/IR is carried out with Triple A. If you want any more info(particularly with regards to JB007's post) then PM me.

and ps Jenks....'principle' as in 'offered a loan in principle' ie. subject to blah blah blah....!

MIKECR
26th Oct 2007, 19:20
Oh and how i'd laugh just now if you were THE Jenks i'd been sending my cv to for months on end!! I'd love to know when you'll ever get back to me:ugh::ok::)!!

Peelay
26th Oct 2007, 21:04
Are you THE Jenks from Preston?

uglydamien
29th Oct 2007, 14:03
Do you mean the cheif pilot Jenkins from eastern airways? Is that the new management?

otroyo
30th Oct 2007, 13:59
To Wee Weasley Welshman

If you look up scam in the dictionary it says "a dishonest scheme, a fraud". No where does it mention courts!

What makes you bring courts into this? Are you the welsh chief pilot at Eastern worried that these cadets have a legal claim?

Hmmm sounds interesting.

Wee Weasley Welshman
30th Oct 2007, 14:33
If you look up Libel in the dictionary and futher look up the defence of Fair Comment you might see why I brought the Courts into this. Its where you might end up if you run around throwing serious allegations at companies using a traceable IP address, email and registration details.

Proceed with caution.

I have no connection with Eastern, AAA or anybody involved.

No Country Members
30th Oct 2007, 20:13
Nothing to do with the original thread, however the topic has now been raised. If they haven't in fact used a traceable email and reg details, how would the courts view tracing them through the IP address, bearing in mind this is electronically retained media? Would the Data Protection Act not protect them here? Just interested that's all.