PDA

View Full Version : xtc/cool emirates

five percent
21st Feb 2001, 05:39
Are these people needed in a site where people like to discuss topics.

It is nice to hear the views of others but do you really enjoy the comments of those who think they are smart but have a lot to learn from life.

Do forums need to be dragged down to the level of abuse and four lettered words with stars in between them by those who think that drinking on an aircraft in duty is cool!

Comments please without the need for personal attacks and childish taking sides!

Birds2perches
22nd Feb 2001, 01:30
five %, couldn't agree more. A healty debate is nice, but attacking peoples opinons and personalities is not the way forward. A lot of people do get annoyed by they're comments, but really, they should just be ignored.

Get Smart
27th Feb 2001, 00:41
I also agree on this one. This site can get extremely nasty; on account of the ususal suspects, hence my reluctance to post here. People who frequent this site ought to learn to treat people how they'd like to be treated themselves. Everyone is entitled to an opinion without being sworn at and being ridiculed. Lets keep the peace and act as the team players that we were employed to be!
:)

[This message has been edited by Get Smart (edited 26 February 2001).]

Sick Squid
27th Feb 2001, 01:49
Excellent posts, folks! Reflects very closely the brief that us Moderators apply to the forums under our steely-eyed gaze. :)

As I've said elsewhere and will say again, the best moderation is self-moderation, and that starts by thinking before you press "Submit Reply". I'm taking rather a softly-softly approach at the moment as I believe this forum has enough regular contributors who exhibit just those very qualities to prevail over those who reduce debate to slander and argument.

My goal is to see those attitudes prevail, and where they don't, or need a helping hand, then I take action. Fair?

£6
Cabin Crew Forum Moderator
Holder of the PPRuNe "Big Stick!"

xtc
27th Feb 2001, 11:06
ok the mafiosa is in town....

this is extremly funny and i will tell you all why, you all love to have a go but when someone hits back the crap hits the fan.

sick squid - i think you owe it to your self to have a look through the posts and see what was said and by whom, and then do the job that you r meant to do, moderate and not take sides, not that i feel intimidated, because i will continue to post on this site, my opinion and not what you all want me to say, what is the point of having this forum if people can't put forward their point of view..

as for the drinking on board, for the record i have never even considered drinking on board because i don't drink at all, it was a joke, even comeflywithme made a joke about it, but i don't see anyone jumping down his throat, so grow up people and stop trying to control what others want to say, because that is what you r trying to do.

as i said before, i challange anyone to point out on previous posts as to who started the insults, the proof is there for all to see.

as for cool ek, this lady hasn't posted for more than 6 months so what is everyones problem, you r all contradicting yourselves..

is anyone up for the challange or r you all a bunch of wingers...

if you don't do what you want to do then you are a statue.

moral of the story - all of you are statues, letting other people shape the way you think and act. it is sad really....

Xenia
27th Feb 2001, 15:55
I really don't understand the point of all this....
The situation is getting slightly ridicoulus at this point...For God sake...it's about the time to stop all this "it wasn't me" ...
We all have different experiences and work for different airlines, therefore we all learnt, contributed (and had a good laugh :)) with each others here in the past.
As Sick Squid suggested attack the ball, no the player...and yes, self-moderation is the best moderation.
Shall we just start all over again and act as a good team?

------------------
*************************Happy Landings! :)

[This message has been edited by Xenia (edited 27 February 2001).]

GeneralAviation
27th Feb 2001, 20:23
xtc, why so defensive. Doesn't matter who starts what, it's how you deal with the issues.

This forums is for information not just the opinions and brickbats of certain cabin crew. Your continued use of emotive language, your insistence that 'It wasn't me as done it Guv', is tiresome. Why not make a positive post, something that you feel would be interesting to the rest of the cabin crew who post here.

What exactly is your challenge - to start an argument, to get into a disputatious thread, to once again 'suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous Pruners', so that you can sit there rather smugly and have your point proved that you are being victimised.

Sick Squid is doing exactly that - moderating with a considerable amount of patience.

So why not take a deep breath, count to ten, and post something the rest of us can find informative, interesting, enjoyable or just plain acceptable.

Birds2perches
28th Feb 2001, 14:30
XTC, may I suggest you read this page again. And again if necessary. You just don't get the message do you? What people are telling you is, fine, have an opinion, but don't slate others for having their own. No-one is interested in 'challenging' you either so lose the attitude. Strange that cool ek has disappeared. Could he/she have been reinvented as xtc, following extremely unpopular publicity as well or are you just 2 of a kind? If so, at least one of you have disappered. Why don't you take some sound advise from other posters (as after all, you have only 3 years but you think you have 10) and try being nice for once. It works you know. I feel sorry for your fellow crew and passengers if that's the way you speak to them.

[This message has been edited by Birds2perches (edited 28 February 2001).]

comeflywithme
28th Feb 2001, 18:26
Five percent
I think it unjust that you post this thread pinpointing 2 individuals that you have no idea what they are like. You currently have 4 posts so I think it unjust that you produce this thread which in effect will just start a b**ch fight. as sick squid has said in not so many words lets keep it clean. xtc loves to have a discussion on any topic but just speaks the truth. Yet if you cant handle the truth maybe you should not be posting. Try and have a desent discussion without getting slanderous and maybe he just might not have to defend himself but have a discussion back. Take it with a pinch of salt and dont take it personally. I hope I have some desent discussions with you and I am sure so does xtc. Better to have friends than enemies!!!