PDA

View Full Version : Any jobs on N-registered a/c outside the US?

jkoskinenfl
26th Oct 2007, 08:09
I've got an FAA CPL w/ an HS-125 type rating and no hope of getting a JAA one. Getting a work visa in the US is near impossible, so I'm wondering if anybody knows of companies outside the US operating N-registered aircraft.

ab33t
26th Oct 2007, 09:08
Here is what you may have to do, I am in the same situation with no hope of getting a JAA ATPL . Complete your FAA ATPL if you can , and then look to the African market as you can get a African ATPL on the back of your FAA ATPL . You will need to write the air law and do a check out that is as far as I have been able to find out.
There are N reg planes here in the UK but they are more in line of Private jets . So if you would like to buy this TR you would get a job.

Flintstone
26th Oct 2007, 14:24
Why no hope of getting a JAA licence?

It would take a fair bit of work but would solve a lot of your problems.

1Bingo
26th Oct 2007, 21:24
Subscribe to Climb to 350 website to find N-reg working opportunities worldwide

B200Drvr
27th Oct 2007, 09:12
NAC South Africa looking for HS125 800/850 drivers to be based in Lagos, Nigeria.

DUAL RATED
27th Oct 2007, 10:40
No hope of a JAA licence, whats that all about?
I am in the process of converting my FAA. On your next FAA check and you have the hours get the ATP done. then for JAA If you have more than 1500 hours on jets you do not need to do an approved course. just study for the 14 written exams and take them, i did them in 3 months if you get your act together and was still working at the same time just means your suite case is a lot bigger for work.

If you have more than 500 hours on a jet type as well you can take your JAA ATPL test without a TRTO type rating course on that type, but has to be with a CAA flight ops inspector onboard. If less than 500 on type you need to do a TRTO course but maybe reduced based on previous experience. You could do your 125 at Farnborough for the JAA. The CAA can get to Farnborough easier than the US for the test. i think you will find if the CAA do go to the US they charge £1200 a day plus expenses plus i think £712 for the test fee. Dont you just love them! look up LASORS section G1.5

youngskywalker
27th Oct 2007, 15:30
Can be many reasons why he/she cant get the JAA licence, lack of funds/time etc, or more likely and in my case medical grounds, the FAA first class medical is far less stringent than a day spent at Belgrano medical department. Eyesight requirements are the most comon reason I guess, the FAA adopt a slightly more practical approach to corrected vision.

Anyway, it is very much possible to find work in Europe using just an FAA Commercial or ATP licence, I did and within 3 months of finishing my training. Although I grant you it's not easy and a fair bit of luck is required. Try to network as much as possible, take ground jobs in OPS/baggage or anything to show your keen.

In short, if you can get the JAR licence then that is without doubt the best option if you want to fly in Europe, but if not then don't give up, I know plenty FAA rated Pilots in the UK and they all seem to find jobs on Kingairs and Citations for Private companies.

Good luck.

jkoskinenfl
28th Oct 2007, 12:30
Yep, it's a medical reason. While I can hold an FAA 1st class medical, I just don't qualify for a JAA one (two problems, but I won't bore you with the details). Thanks for your input everybody, I think signing up on climbto350 might be thing to do...

1Bingo
28th Oct 2007, 20:21
Roger that!