PDA

View Full Version : LGW car park near miss drama!

MissLeopard
30th Dec 2000, 04:26
I hope I got your attention!
Just a little message to warn you to take care when using the road coming out of X car park.After a row of VERY early starts this week,I was leaving the car park, in a pretty delirious state (as usual!) when I came to those annoying little chicanes blocking the road.Imagine my surprise when the kindly bus driver approaching from the opposite direction 'flashed' at me (NO not THAT way!) to let me through.Unfortunately it was only after slamming on my brakes and coming face to face with the bus that I realised he had been saying a merry 'hello' to his mate who was driving the bus further up the road from me.The thing was thatwhen he flashed, he slowed down as well,and it seemed to me that he was letting me through!
Anyway,I got the fright of my life and had to reverse so felt a right nana as well!
This might be a boring thing to write about, but please be careful, It was probably my fault as well but everybody knows how tired you can get, that drive home seems an ordeal when you feel like somebody has fried your eyeballs and you're feeling battered!! (HA!HA!HA!)
Happy new year everybody XXX

scroggs
30th Dec 2000, 22:15
Good point! It's really strange that the priorities are to the cars entering the 'chicane' rather than leaving it. You could easily end up with a traffic jam inside the cones area - daft, but that's BAA for you.