PDA

View Full Version : Moscow-Barbados

Dutchman
25th Oct 2007, 20:31
The boss is looking at getting some rays for winter so planning a trip down to the Caribbean with 604. First time for me headed down that direction so would appreciate any tips or experiences from other crew that have flown similar routes. What best routes to Barbados via Reykjavik or e.g Canaries for fuel stop. How is barbados airport and handlers? Finally for us crew of course hotel recomendations over there?

Thanks

bermudatriangle
25th Oct 2007, 20:52
what is the range of the boss's jet ?...i suggest if you can operate UK-BGI non stop then a techstop in UK is your best bet....consider shannon in ireland ! exec handling in barbados is excellent,seawell air services will take care of you,separate biz jet terminal,customs,immigration etc..well geared up for a smooth arrival/departure.
numerous quality hotels,some on south coast,10-15 mins from airport,many more on west coast,approx 40-50 mins from airport,i guess this is the area where your boss will be staying.bajans very helpfull,relaxed and humerous to deal with.nothing happens with great urgency,but it does happen and standards are very high in all areas.....enjoy the trip !

hoopla
26th Oct 2007, 14:52
Last time I went out to BGI, Nov 2005!, we fuel stopped and crew changed in Shannon on the way out and Luton on the way back.
We used International Aircraft Management at the VIP terminal, they were nice and helpful the whole time we were there (10 days) when we needed to go back and check on the aircraft they organised transport etc. www.iamcaribbean.com
It's high season from the beginning of December so you might find hotel accommodation choices get limited. We stayed at Tamarind Cove about 40mins away from the airport.

For your F/A - Sandy Lane has an excellent inflight menu that can be faxed to you. Its got everything with prices and they understand affluent clientele, however if your guests have been staying there they might see similiar menus! they also can provide air conditioned taxi for B$90
I also sourced Goddard Catering who supply BA First Class - they were excellent and of course understand all requirements plus being at the airport (fantastic if your guests are not punctual and it's hot - you don't want your seafood platters going off!).

Have a safe flight and a great time there. Look out for the rum punches!

Cubs2jets
26th Oct 2007, 14:52
Ireland is the last landfall on a great circle route. Deviating slightly south you could do the Azores.

http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gcmap?PATH=UUEE-tbpb FromToInitial
HeadingDistance

Dutchman
26th Oct 2007, 16:11
Thanks for useful info forgot to mention we are commercial operator so AOC even though it is for owner of company. We are not ETOPS approved and no MNPS approval makes it a bit more tricky. CL604 range is +/- 3500NM

FL470
27th Oct 2007, 06:45
I've done St. Maria to Antigua in a Falcon 2000 with a range of 3000 NM. It was a bit tight, but we were able to fly it staying within the two-hour circles around our enroute alternates (St. John, Bermuda). So flying the trip with an airplane which has a range of 3500 NM shouldn't be a problem (if the winds are not too strong).

Stingaling
27th Oct 2007, 07:41
3000nm in a Falcon 2000 (classic) would be tight, very tight in fact. Too tight for me.

Dutchman
27th Oct 2007, 12:03
Tech stop in Azors wouldn't work for us as from there to Barbados is MNPS airspace and we're not approved on commercial AOC. Climbing above FL420 is not an option as to heavy and above certified ceiling for CL604 also flying low under MNPS for obvious fuel burn reasons not an option either. How do other companies do this when they are flying with the owner but the aircraft is operated on a AOC? My understanding that once Aircraft on AOC always operated commercially not privately, no matter if owner fly's or not

Grey'npointy
27th Oct 2007, 13:52
Could you reach Ascension Island from Moscow? This would remove the snag with MNPS airspace.

FL470
27th Oct 2007, 20:50
@Stingaling:

I didn't say that the Falcon 2000 is able to do the 3500nm. 3500nm is the range of the mentioned aircraft in the initial post.
The trip is actualy about 2600nm - so no problem for an aircraft which is capable of doing 3500nm...

matoto
28th Oct 2007, 12:18
Cubs2jet,

Where have you found this charts? i have already see it one time but i do not rember where?
Thanks for the link.

Crosswind Limits
28th Oct 2007, 12:22
Even if airplane on AOC, can still be flown privately providing the owner(s) are the only pax.

Munchie
29th Oct 2007, 02:27
Could you reach Ascension Island from Moscow? This would remove the snag with MNPS airspace.
Forget using Ascension... you will not get permission.

cachirulo
29th Oct 2007, 21:41
what about the next: moscow-gran canarias(gclp)-2800 nm
gran canarias(gclp)-grantley adams (tbpb)-2620 nm
1º leg: shouldn´t be a problem as long as europe is not etops or mnps.
2º leg: below fl290 you still have a bonus of 900 nm to destination.
is this correct??

Dutchman
30th Oct 2007, 16:00
Appreciate everyones inputs:) Looks like we will be opting for the Moscow-Canaries tech stop-Barbados route. Anybody ant input on airports in the canaries biz jet friendly like cheep fuel, VIP facilities and quick turn around

galaxy flyer
31st Oct 2007, 17:37
Stopped at Tenerife South last year, excellant service-turned in 35 minutes to/from Jo'burg. Company has used it before and since with same results. Cannot say about fuel price used Jepp World Fuel contract.

GF